Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NOOB HERE PLEASE HELP  (Read 5892 times)
motorkompf

Ryan Weiss

« on: May 14, 2015, 07:24:09 AM »

my girl has a 09 tiguan and she is throwing light left and right, i trying hooking it to vag com and it wont connect.  which cable do i need?
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 05:26:17 PM »

my girl has a 09 tiguan and she is throwing light left and right, i trying hooking it to vag com and it wont connect.  which cable do i need?

HEX-can cable from VCDS.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
duke_luke

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 06:03:08 AM »

Hi all,

did not want to create new thread so writing here. As you can see from my profile i am a newbie  Tongue
I have registered here because i am really interested into magic with ECU  Grin  So i am just catching up on you guys and trying to read everything. I read pretty much though but have Noob questions.

I have a Skoda Octavia 1.8T 4x4 - pretty same like VW Jetta 1.8T 4motion. I have a custom remap from local guy but i want to go APR.

I do not want to loose my custom remap so i want to back it up.
Q1: Is it correct that i can save just my current ECU map via the NefMoto software as backup?
(i have checked and my ECU is in the tested ECU table)
06A906032HJ    VW    2002    European Gof/Bora 1.8T          ME7 AM29F800    ArgDub

Q2:Is it correct that by using the ArgDub's ME7EEPROM i can create EEPROM backup file - this is simply like IMAGE of the entire ECU?
So in case of troubles it can be used to save my day  Wink So i want to create a full image backup before i get APR.

As i read that the APR does not like Verifying the memory layout == question:
Q3: After APR: Will the ME7EEPROM create a backup file also with an APR chip ? Will it not hurt and i will have a full backup in case my ECU will go wrong so i can Clone it to another used ECU which i will get as used spare part?

I assume that APR remap is encrypted :
Q4: i will not be allowed to use nefmoto to read the flash file from ECU? So only full EEPROM backup will be available?

And last question as i have not found explanation - or guide for Cluster Dumps:
Q5: why are they for ?/why are they needed and is it any good to have a backup on those as well?

Thanks a lot !

Ionut

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 09:03:23 AM »

A1. You can backup Flash memory with nefmoto sw (MAPS and Code in one 1MB file)
A2. EEPROM is image of EEPROM. This contains VIN, IMMO code and variant configuration. No maps available here, this region is not affected by remap.
A3. NO. Nefmoto will do
A4. You can read full Flash and EEPROM in boot mode
A5. You mean instrument cluster? On those cars immo is located inside cluster, maybe is about that EEPROM dump that contains immo.
duke_luke

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 11:41:57 PM »

Hi, thank you for answers.
Yes, Q5 was pointing towards cluster dumps. But still i am not getting this one .

And does anybody know if the APR map can be read? Or it is read protected ?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 11:45:45 PM »

And does anybody know if the APR map can be read? Or it is read protected ?

Don't waste your time.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
duke_luke

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2015, 02:43:09 AM »

thanks. Was just curious iwhen my ECU will break i will have APR image.
So i need to ask APR if they offer free recovery - so new remap of new ECU when my current ECU will be dead. This is just worst case scenario, but if i am giving such money for APR i want to be sure there is a backup always possible.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2015, 09:54:27 AM »

thanks. Was just curious iwhen my ECU will break i will have APR image.
So i need to ask APR if they offer free recovery - so new remap of new ECU when my current ECU will be dead. This is just worst case scenario, but if i am giving such money for APR i want to be sure there is a backup always possible.

APR has no interest in helping you DIY. Your only real option is to have a spare ecu.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
duke_luke

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2015, 06:58:58 AM »

Hm, maybe i put that question wrong. So let me rephrase it.

Work case scenario:
 I will pay for my APR tune. I will enjoy it for some time and IF suddenly my ECU will end up dead - for example accident with water penetrating my ECU ,etc. I wanted to have ECU backup with the APR tune so i can clone it into Spare ECU and enjoy the APR further.

Hope it is more clear now  Tongue
Question : is it possible to make ECU backup with APR tune for such a worst case scenario with broken ECU?

Because i do not want to spend money on APR tune if i know that my ECU can go wrong someday and i will lose the tune and money.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2015, 10:28:28 AM »

Question : is it possible to make ECU backup with APR tune for such a worst case scenario with broken ECU?

No, they don't want you to do that because you could sell it.

If you break your (APR) ECU though (and it is plausible it isn't because you were futzing with it), APR will likely replace it for you. They may charge you for repairs though.

ECUx Plot

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: