Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: DEPRECATED - ME7.x Checksum Correction/Check Utility/GUI  (Read 61214 times)
Murph

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2016, 09:52:20 AM »

New version available.

V160306:
- Updated error messages for ME7sum and ME7check related errors

tdehrmann1

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2016, 11:17:39 AM »

first: thank you for the fast help

the error now has another message. so i put the file for checking in the same folder as the GUI and now it works. but in windows 7 i dont have to put it in the same folder
Murph

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2016, 06:56:58 PM »

first: thank you for the fast help

the error now has another message. so i put the file for checking in the same folder as the GUI and now it works. but in windows 7 i dont have to put it in the same folder

Hmm weird. If the problem persists with other people I'll take a better look into it.. But for now it looks like you've got it figured out.  Wink

tdehrmann1

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2016, 09:22:45 AM »

I,ll do. I think there is a problem with my Windows XP version. I have 2 devices running this system and they have both the same problem. So i'll try another Windows XP. The Windows XP is an english version and some features of the windows are in german language, maybe thats the problem.

But i have to speak out a big praise at this point. The GUI is the best way to checksum the files.

I hope my english is not too bad, so that you can understand what i mean.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2016, 11:25:01 AM »

The GUI is the best way to checksum the files.

IMO depending on GUIs is not a good thing. YMMV.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
tdehrmann1

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2016, 01:09:19 PM »

i can also check the file with the other .exe files but this way is much easier.
paseratti

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2016, 08:59:54 AM »

Thank You very much, just great, nothing more to say  Wink
A11463

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2016, 01:02:06 AM »

thank you very much for this helpful GUI
Murph

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2017, 02:53:08 PM »

Updated the OP with links to the source stored in GitHub, as well as the Release location where the built utility can be downloaded from.

ibizaCUPRA18t

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2018, 05:14:44 AM »

After I try to checksum, it says cant find specified file?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2018, 10:42:02 AM »

IMO depending on GUIs is not a good thing. YMMV.

etc.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Murph

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2018, 12:53:14 PM »

After I try to checksum, it says cant find specified file?

In response to Nyet's continued knocking of the utility.. I am not perfect and this was orignially created for my learning purposes.. Which it has succesfully done.

Roni,

Try the process again, and if/when it fails, please click the button that says "Log".. This will capture the console output and provide you with a filepath for the log location.. You can either reply to this thread with it attached, send it to me in a PM, or if you wouldn't mind creating a bug on Github and attaching the log output there.

Github issue tracking: https://github.com/murphtech/ME7.X_Correction/issues

Thanks.

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2018, 01:06:05 PM »

Sorry, did not mean to knock your efforts or seem ungrateful; I do truly appreciate the work you have done AND the fact that you published the code.

That alone speaks volumes to me.

I also have no problem if you (or anyone else) wanted to rework the checksum code as a dll to make it easier to integrate with GUIs

Unfortunately, its current structure is inherited from the trev's original code, and it isn't very modular or modifiable. I have been meaning to restructure it but have not had a chance to.

My childish response is just an automatic reaction to noob laziness.

ECUx Plot

Murph

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2018, 07:30:25 AM »

Sorry, did not mean to knock your efforts or seem ungrateful; I do truly appreciate the work you have done AND the fact that you published the code.

That alone speaks volumes to me.

I also have no problem if you (or anyone else) wanted to rework the checksum code as a dll to make it easier to integrate with GUIs

Unfortunately, its current structure is inherited from the trev's original code, and it isn't very modular or modifiable. I have been meaning to restructure it but have not had a chance to.

My childish response is just an automatic reaction to noob laziness.

No worries.. I am definitely at no shortage of projects or things to do, but if possible I would definitely like to contribute to a reorganization of the project, as well as creating DLLs. It would all be new to me, but seems like a great chance to learn.

ibizaCUPRA18t

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2018, 08:01:01 AM »

In response to Nyet's continued knocking of the utility.. I am not perfect and this was orignially created for my learning purposes.. Which it has succesfully done.

Roni,

Try the process again, and if/when it fails, please click the button that says "Log".. This will capture the console output and provide you with a filepath for the log location.. You can either reply to this thread with it attached, send it to me in a PM, or if you wouldn't mind creating a bug on Github and attaching the log output there.

Github issue tracking: https://github.com/murphtech/ME7.X_Correction/issues

Thanks.

Fixed it man. Had to put the .bin file in the same place with the checksum corrector! Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: