Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 3l supercharger on 12v mk4 vr6  (Read 7026 times)
_nameless

« on: December 26, 2018, 09:56:36 AM »

What's up guys? So I'm starting a new project. I ended up scooping a 2000 12v vr6 tropic orange in trade for tuning a r32 turbo. The cars clean and decent over all. Chains done 20k miles ago. I can't leave anything stock for too lo g before I have to do something. Turbo was my first thought but that's done over and over in the past. Looking to try something I haven't done before so super charger is what ended up on. I'll be using a 3.0t super charger and a mk3 intake manifold so I can make a flange to bolt the charger up to. Seems simple enough. It's a 6 rib  surpintune belt just like the vr. Found a complete 3.0t for $300 usd. Already found a buyer for the 3l long block so the charger is free for me

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
vwaudiguy

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 01:47:44 PM »

Props for doing something different.  Cool

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
_nameless

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 06:47:36 AM »

Props for doing something different.  Cool
thanks man i ended up trading a 01x for the 3l supercharger. i have a friend who has a mk3 intake manni i need to scoop next time im over at his place. my buddy dave wright is going to  box the intake manifold and flange it to make the charger fit. as far as driving the pulley my thought is to stack the alternator pulley. i have to figure what rpm i need to spin the blower at  because stacking the pulleys gives me the option to overdrive the charger. i still have a lot of basic shit i need to do to the car to get it good first before i put the charger on it. also controlling the bipass flap is something to consider. gonz recommended using intake runner flap map witch sounds good in theory but im not sure about the mechanics

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: