Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A noobs quest to create his own xdf. Spacey edition.  (Read 7664 times)
spacey3

« on: June 22, 2015, 10:24:26 AM »

Hiya guys, I've searched and searched and finally admitted defeat.

I can't find a definition file for this ecu - 8N0906018AQ 0002

It's from an Audi TT 180bhp.

Does anyone have a winols/xdf file for this one? Failing that though, anyone know if this is cross flashable with any other well defined files?

Would be greatly appreciated!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 11:18:33 AM by ddillenger » Logged
tjwasiak

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 10:28:38 AM »

Why don't you want to make your own definition basing it on one of well defined files?
Take for example TT 225HP 8N0906018CB OLS and try to find as much useful maps as you can...
spacey3

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 12:23:26 PM »

I will if I have to of course, but it would just take a heck of a lot more time - if someone has a definition file already made (or started, anything) then it'd be great.

If not... I'll have to suck it up I guess and look up the maps as you say.

I've attempted to do the latter in the past but I'm never too successful with it.

(Please don't take this post as me being a lazy sod, Duplication Is Evil and all that  Smiley)
tjwasiak

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 01:49:13 PM »

Do you need anything beyond maps required for stage 1 tune?
If not it is really not that hard to find them on your own and than post your map pack here so others will not have to spend time doing same thing Wink
spacey3

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 05:21:28 PM »

I've bitten the bullet and started to find some, they look pretty correct... Of course I'll post my files! Smiley I'll try and post up an xdf up tomorrow.

Currently I think I have kfzw, kfzw2, lamfa, ldrxn, kfdluls

Not too far off what's needed for a stage 1 already I guess!
spacey3

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2015, 01:39:48 AM »

Ok, it's not much and it may not be correct but here's what I have so far.

Could I get some opinions on if the things defined here are correct or not?

This definition file is for the ori in the OP.
spacey3

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2015, 03:41:27 AM »

Added KFLDHBN

I'm not sure how to remove/replace the old attachments... Editing a post gives me very little options, I'm sure it's something silly so if someone could let me know how to do it that'd be great.

Moderators - Is it worth moving this thread somewhere like up one to ECU Definition Files? Or should I create a new thread (unless everyone's happy for me to make updates the xdf here).
tjwasiak

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2015, 03:57:23 AM »

It might be wise to add some version number to file name so it would be easier to distinguish revisions...
spacey3

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2015, 01:01:07 AM »

"A noobs quest to create his own xdf. Spacey edition." - Hmmm... That's what I get for trying to help out/ask quesions I guess.

Maybe this is why a lot of people are afraid to speak up, in fear of mockery.

Anyway, man of my word. Here's an xdf for this file, I won't be doing anymore to it however.
ddillenger

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2015, 01:14:48 AM »

It's not mockery at all. I was proud of you and wanted to announce it. Your name IS spacey, and the noobs quest to create an xdf will draw future noobs wanting to do the same. Do you want a different title? Happy to oblige. I however think it's miles better than "I give up...."

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
tjwasiak

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2015, 01:35:07 AM »

Spacey, in fact you just showed others that creating XDF on your own is not that hard Cool
spacey3

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2015, 01:54:33 AM »

It's not mockery at all. I was proud of you and wanted to announce it. Your name IS spacey, and the noobs quest to create an xdf will draw future noobs wanting to do the same. Do you want a different title? Happy to oblige. I however think it's miles better than "I give up...."
Hmm, I guess I took it the wrong way then, I was quite happy with successfully creating an xdf from looking at other definitions and thought you were being sarcastic  Undecided In that case I do apologise.

As always, thanks for the encouragement and help Daz.

Spacey, in fact you just showed others that creating XDF on your own is not that hard Cool

You are correct! I didn't know where to start, but once I found one or two (or three) maps I 'got a feel for it' and flew through them in a few hours.

I definitely won't be afraid to create my own in future, cheers tjwasiak.
tjwasiak

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2015, 02:03:24 AM »

I would also want to add that by looking for the maps on your own you for sure you learned something.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2015, 11:08:23 AM »

x1000000

spacey, keep up the hard work!

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ddillenger

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2015, 11:22:53 AM »

thought you were being sarcastic  Undecided In that case I do apologise.

Definitely not. I'm a bit flippant with my titles, but I wasn't mocking you at all. Just figured the old title didn't accurately represent what was happening here any longer and wanted it to have a bit of appeal for future users Tongue

I make it a point to not shit on people-lol.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: