Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dear ddillenger and other software experts. Help.  (Read 5106 times)
Cadensdad14

« on: July 20, 2015, 07:34:54 PM »

Ok.  So attempt one I got a ch cable and couldnt do anything.

Attempt two, I got a galetto 1260 cable with a 232 chip.  Nefmoto recognizes it.  Now I neeed to reconfigure the cable to read the bin.  When I open nefmoto I get failed to read test echo.  Make sure port is connected.  I hope I get credit for trying with having ftdi_prog installed but still can't pull .bin file.  Please talk me through it.
Gingerw00ki3

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 08:54:49 PM »

Senior guys can correct me if I'm wrong, but the Galletto cable can only be used for bootmode (if you brick your ECU) You'll need a cable with an FTDI chip. To access the advanced features of nefmoto (fast flash read/write and DTC code descriptions.) I do know that when I connected my cable for the first time and connected nefmoto, the baud rate changed on it's own and I had to change it back to get it past the first %10 of the full flash read.
ddillenger

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 09:26:34 PM »

Galletto cables, in my experience, will not work with nefmoto.

Sorry buddy.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: