Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Before I make my car not start  (Read 4123 times)
ktm733

« on: July 21, 2015, 03:22:58 PM »

I am going to try and re calibrate my miliage for the new engine and trans installed. I have the vageeprom programmer. I'm going to read eeprom from dash like a typical person would for back up purposes using kkl cable. I see it says set kilometer, is it that easy?
ktm733

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 06:10:27 PM »

Well I got it to work and changed the mileage, which I will admit I was scared. Next question if anybody is there. How do you delete Immobilizer in the cluster? why would I do that? Say I couldn't back up original cluster and installed new cluster, how do I program new cluster?
roth18

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 07:58:31 PM »

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Immobilizer

Roth
ktm733

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 08:37:11 PM »

hopefully this doesn't come of a douchy, It say's All relevant coding and adaptation values have been transferred from the OLD (ORIGINAL) cluster to the REPLACEMENT (NEW or USED) cluster.
what if I don't have this?
turboat

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 01:47:28 AM »

You disable the immo in the ecu, not the cluster to make it run. To my knowledge there is no way to disable it in the cluster - and if you use an immo cluster with an immo off ECU, the cluster will give the immo warning light or show the immo symbol on the screen.

Only known way to get around this is to have the key paired with the cluster, but at that point you might as well have immo turned on.

If you can read the eeprom from the ecu, you can pair the cluster to the ecu (for immo 3 at least).
ktm733

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 05:26:52 AM »

Okay I can get the immo info from the ecu and yes I should specify this is an immo 3 car I'm messing with. So with the immo info from ecu, I've read you can copy that info to the cluster. If this is true how do you do such a thing? I will post ecu immo info and my EEPROM read from the original cluster for learning purposes.
ktm733

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 06:54:44 PM »

Never mind i failed!  Sad i am working with a 2004 s4 with color LCD rb4. So I did everything right car started drove it around nothing weird happened. Well i went to start it this morning and it started then died! I went back to stock no problems. What am I doing wrong?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: