Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Aftermarket boost solenoid hooked up to N75 harness  (Read 6938 times)
orienz

« on: August 06, 2011, 01:24:14 AM »

Can i controll some aftermarket boost solenoid with ME7 ECU? Did anyone attempt this? Idea comes from Mitsubishi/Subaru people. They hook up "better" boost solenoid to factory harness and use ECU to control it. This would eliminate the need of EBC.

Thanks for any input.
orienz

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 01:25:32 AM »

By the way I have something like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-Port-Boost-Controller-Solenoid-Apexi-AVC-R-AVCR-/220812366921?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3369715449#ht_836wt_1139

Most of aftermarket EBC controllers are using this valve. It's made by Mac. It's supposed to be good.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 05:00:52 AM by orienz » Logged
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 07:52:17 AM »

The MAC valves are good I've used them on standalones before... and I don't see why you can't use it as long as you completely retune the ECU to use it properly.

The MAC will most certainly operate at a different frequency then the original N75, the pintle reaction times will be different... so it's not going to be just a pnp setup.

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
orienz

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 11:41:35 AM »

Any starting points? This is getting it to work under Eurodyne Maestro. Maestro has 4 maps that control "boost".

Boost PID
Boost duty
Maximum VE
Maximum VE under knock

They are labeled this way so I guess I should play with Boost PID and Boost Duty, right? While I do get what Boost duty is I have no idea what Boost PID is and what it does.
julex

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 11:32:54 AM »

not being "smart" or anything but you should REALLY google "PID controller" and read about it to understand what it is...

DonSupreme

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 07:35:42 AM »

The MAC valves are good I've used them on standalones before... and I don't see why you can't use it as long as you completely retune the ECU to use it properly.

The MAC will most certainly operate at a different frequency then the original N75, the pintle reaction times will be different... so it's not going to be just a pnp setup.

Can you adjust the freq value in the flash? I would like to think Bosch would be smart enough to provide a variable that can be adjusted just in case of a product revision or using the ecu on another system all together?
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 10:22:40 AM »

that is a good question that I don't have the answer to lol

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
orienz

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 12:25:40 PM »

hey julex, no man I understand what it is...approximately but I just don't see how ME7 is actually controlling it. As far as I can tell there are like two tables (at least in Maestro) and there should be 3 different variables (p,i,d) but there is only one. Another table is duty cycle...i get this one.

It's very confusing...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: