Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Readiness for 04 AMB 1.8t  (Read 4208 times)
1.8tuuurbo

« on: July 27, 2015, 11:26:44 AM »

Hi,
I am having issues getting the readiness set for the SAI system on my wife's 2004 A4 1.8t Auto Tip.

Question being, can I even flash the ecu using this software, and if so, is there a .bin that has the emissions readiness set that I can flash to get this car inspected. Already tried 2 new pumps and it's not working out for me.

I think the ecu is 8E0909518AK, but will double check when I have a moment.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
giles92

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 03:58:57 AM »

the file needs to be read from the car and then two variables need to be adjusted. the variables are mslub mslbas. They just get 00's instead of their actual numbers for requested flow based on battery voltage. look at the SAI part of the s4wiki to understand that. If you can read the ecu and post your bin(ecu file) someone may be willing to make those adjustments for you or it can easily be done by yourself. You need to reference a map pack file for the tunerpro application so you can location the two variables needing modifications. Thats all based on what file you have now. The only way to get the full info on your file is to read it and then use me7check to verify software version and part number. Find a ".XDF" that matches that bin(or file) and youre golden.

On a different note, does the pump come on at start up? usually theyre noisy and can be heard. That would verify that your relay and pump are kicking on properly. Then all that would be left is to inspect the line from the pump to the combi valve on your cylinder head. And also the vacuum line that goes to the combi valve to open it. Depending on your backround and familiarity with flashing software, properly fixing this could be the easiest thing to do.
adam-

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 09:09:38 AM »

^ Best response.  Really helpful, detailed and 100% accurate.

Follow this chap's advice and you're sorted.  If you can read your file and comfortable with posting it here and trusting some random person, I'll do it for you for free because you sounded genuine.
1.8tuuurbo

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 11:15:01 PM »

Thank you for the responses. I appreciate the openness. I actually broke down and purchased a tuned ecu on ebay that is supposed to sort my issues. If that doesn't pan out. I will be back for sure.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: