Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Vr6 2.8 aue engine BOSCH ME7.1.1 tune help  (Read 9659 times)
FIXALOT

« on: July 28, 2015, 07:20:27 AM »

This vr6 mk 4 2.8 been modified and remaped by guy.
Owner changed 330 cc bosh injectors changed to 630 cc siemens
Same bosch maff sensor diferrent housing(3.25" changed to 4")
Massive lorry sized turbo Shocked
Throthle response rubish
Idle up and down

Im using tuner pro to edit the map and ecm titanium to checksum
Could anyone help me please with what maps should be adjusted for those mods?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 11:42:29 AM by FIXALOT » Logged
RBPE

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 02:39:58 PM »

Probably half the ecu with the changes in parts! If you stick the bin on, people can take a look and see what looks right or not.
FIXALOT

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 01:11:52 AM »

Will do it today Smiley
Jim_Coupe

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 05:31:46 AM »

What Fuel are you running and what comp ration do you have? Stock Rods Etc ?

E85oholic
FIXALOT

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 04:07:09 PM »

Sorry for late reply
Atached is the bin file of the car
Some help please  Undecided
FIXALOT

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 03:41:44 AM »

The mods are
Costum intake 4" with factory MAF sensor
(Previous factory Bosch injectors)
Fitted Siemens Deka 630cc 60lb at 3 bar(453g/min) / 90lb at 6 bar(648g/min)
Full costum Exhaust no cat
Turbo holset hx 35
Compression ratio 8:5:1
Been using normal fuel
Factory engine internals

Please would apreciate some help on this
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 12:00:01 PM by FIXALOT » Logged
RBPE

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 02:22:58 PM »

Is this the modified one? Just took a quick look and there seems to be some things switched off/undefined properly and it looks like your inlet/intake manifold switch-over is still on, thought you are running a srim?

Will take a further look in time when i've not had a dozen beers!  Shocked
FIXALOT

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2015, 03:36:57 PM »

Yes it as been modified and thats the file i read of the car cose i do not have the original.
The car its original 204 bhp and now its 330( been told) but i do believe with this mods this car will go 400bhp easy... Not sure what to do but would appreciate some help on this.
RBPE

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2015, 05:25:51 PM »

Misread the intake bit, was assuming short runner intake manifold and was just wondering the change over functions still running as per first pic.

Some of it looks okay other bits need sorting by the look of it, will probably look over it more over the next few weeks but very busy to be going through a full file at the mo so only had a quick look.

That should be a stock 032E bin I've attached if need be in future or if you've been defining that one of yours
FIXALOT

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2015, 12:20:51 AM »

What about fuel as i got different fuel injectors i will need change this too?
Thanks for takin time to look at my file but anymore clues let me know please
RBPE

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2015, 09:00:12 AM »

I take it you don't really know what to do with this? Have you defined any of it yourself yet?

The file you posted is already heavily modified, just not very well in areas it seems, injection has to be modded as you are using 630cc's, but there would be no point in posting your oem bin as lot's has been/needs to be changed for FI.

If you're a noob and want to define it, here is what I suggest first of all; there are definition files on here for R32, VR6, 20vt, 551's etc, all ME7 and all share same maps/functions which you can line up with your own. There are differences with some like narrow vs wide band, short runner v's variable but you should be able to pick out a lot with them, if not all eventually.

Get the free winols demo, mod the colours to show differences, load up your file and one of the full def's from here, ctrl+2 to put them together and go through the def files to see what lines up and goes green. Once you get good you can just see that the other areas have another slight offset - i.e. you press the + - bit to line it up again - and define that bit.... that's exactly what I did with yours last night and got about 105 maps/functions defined in an hour or so! Use HxD/nefmoto/tunerpro to define what you found, export/test.....job's a good un!
A week or two, some emulation, testing etc and you could mod what you want on your ecu!

So............. using one of the proper R32 ones from here I saw;

Pic 1 - exhaust cam weighting factors are not in yours being inlet only vvt but you can see some bits in green are the same, point being if u use an ME7 def file from here some will be the same, some different. R32 used for example, also has a different volume of air to fill the cylinder than your 2.8ltr.

Pic 2 - You can see very, very slight differences, need to see if bits line up almost same, factors same etc in defining - trial and error really.

Pic 3 - Closing time on ur 630 map vs stock BFH. Same values straight across the board, not sure how <600rpm tuning then a jump to 2000rpm is going to help your idle/low end!........ methinks we're starting to see why it's not as you want it!

Other pics - areas which I defined/picked out which look right for you to test so should be some for you to define there, quick look against the BFH file I was using, not one i've defined though just good for map hunting I use if you wonder why the ig delta is undefined on it. In fact that file is from here and is why it is a good idea to go through any def files on here to check they are sorted correctly throughout! Difference between an anally retentive mofo and a butcher!

Some to be getting on with there at least mate!  Grin
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 02:59:51 PM by RBPE » Logged
RBPE

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2015, 09:01:20 AM »

p.s. feel free to help bump up the +3 rep   Wink
smith345

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2017, 12:36:07 PM »

hello. could i be cheeky to ask if you have a definition file or xdf for a 24v aue engine code please? ive been trying for hours to try and cross reference from a couple of r32 files but not having any luck. just built my friend a turbo 24v and need to make him a base map to get it started up. any help would be amazing. willing to pay for it if you dont want to give up you're work. thank you

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: