Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 06A906032CM 2001 Jetta 1.8t AWD  (Read 21989 times)
k0mpresd

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2015, 12:38:38 AM »

The wideband? lol i remember reading somewhere this car was like one of the only with narrowbands right?

+ several other things, but yes. generally speaking, the wideband ecu is always better.
jbmcdade

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2015, 12:52:56 AM »

+ several other things, but yes. generally speaking, the wideband ecu is always better.

Alright see if i don't know what those other things are I shouldn't even be worried about a damn bin or xdf. I may have skipped a few chapters in the "Tuners Handbook" so to speak so I think im gonna leave this topic where its at until i have a better understanding of what it is im actually doing, attempting to accomplish, and the theory behind it all so I don't wear out my welcome here. Hate feeling like one of those people begging for someone to explain something on a forum where its already been explained 100 times elsewhere. Thank you for everything and sorry to bother you all!
jbmcdade

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2015, 08:54:00 PM »

Alright see if i don't know what those other things are I shouldn't even be worried about a damn bin or xdf. I may have skipped a few chapters in the "Tuners Handbook" so to speak so I think im gonna leave this topic where its at until i have a better understanding of what it is im actually doing, attempting to accomplish, and the theory behind it all so I don't wear out my welcome here. Hate feeling like one of those people begging for someone to explain something on a forum where its already been explained 100 times elsewhere. Thank you for everything and sorry to bother you all!

Ok, Now that I have done some research. I still would like to retain the narrowband for the time being. Since the last post i have made some progress in the following areas.

**Realized how uneducated I am..**

1. Received my ftdi based cable, pulled the (Original/Virgin) bin.
2. Using WinOLS combined with the damos i have, found essential missing maps (Using S4 Wiki as a Refrence) in current .xdf, and added them accordingly. (Still In Progress)
3. Working on figuring out the immo delete and checksum fix.
4. Received and installed my boost gauge. <- Nice to see what its actually registering but it looks kinda like a bad attempt at being cool! lol

When i am finished with the xdf i will upload a new file for others to use.

Also i have this idea of using the community 1.8t stage 1 as a guide for this ecu.. Is this a good idea or bad from the Advanced tuners experience?
ddillenger

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2015, 11:45:57 PM »

This ecu is very easy to work with. As long as all of your fueling stays stock, you don't NEED a wideband. Also, this file is fully defined if you do some searching Smiley

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
jbmcdade

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2015, 11:54:33 PM »

I have the fully defined damos. The xdf for the 032CL I have and was a base for mine because i couldnt find my specific ecu xdf. I've mainly been doing this to learn and I've done nothing but that doing it the hard way. Where I'm at is what needs to be changed and by what does it need to be changed for say 180hp/200hp.. Thats with the assumption this can be done with a stock motor. I could just throw boost at it but I really don't want to blow up my car lol. But again it's a work in progress I'll get there eventually!
jbmcdade

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2015, 09:12:08 PM »

Seeking some advice!

Ok, so i have been reading and reading but i just cannot figure out which maps to start with for a simple stage 0.5. As my previous post states i guess i could increase the requested boost and add fuel and advance timing but i am unsure of myself. So please i know this is probably asked a million times a day but i just dont know where to start now, and ive come to far to quit!
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2015, 09:14:53 PM »

Also i have this idea of using the community 1.8t stage 1 as a guide for this ecu..

Do this and keep the s4wiki tuning page handy. Read it several times.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
jbmcdade

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2015, 09:31:54 PM »

I was thinking that but i wasn't sure exactly how much applied lol thanks for the quick response as usual! i have to say this is a great community, some forums are not exactly as "Flame retardant" as this one haha
jbmcdade

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2015, 10:37:32 PM »

Ok another question.. I have used both 29F800 & 29F800BB Memory Layouts. Does it matter which one is used? I ask because I have loaded both of them in tuner pro and there the same thing! The Checksum Utility says the files are supposed to be 512kb, However they are both 1024kb and even bins i have downloaded have been 1024kb so I am kinda confused there as well?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 10:49:53 PM by jbmcdade » Logged
vwaudiguy

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2015, 10:57:52 PM »

If the file size is 512, you would use 400BB to read/write. I believe the 512 files are all narrowband, but I could be wrong.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
k0mpresd

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2015, 11:00:43 PM »

cm/cl are 512kb.
jbmcdade

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2015, 11:01:04 PM »

Im about to go try pulling a new bin with that layout, my car IS narrow band. Ill report back in about 5 mins haha
jbmcdade

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2015, 11:02:32 PM »

cm/cl are 512kb.

Thanks so it is the 400BB i should be using? From what ive read and even the stock file i had that came with the damos it was 1024kb?
jbmcdade

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2015, 11:16:01 PM »

Ok so any other layout aside from 800 or 800BB i get this.
jbmcdade

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2015, 01:23:19 AM »

Ok so any other layout aside from 800 or 800BB i get this.

Ok so i just went ahead with the read and got the 512kb file. Loaded up in win ols and all is fine. However every fault code imaginable popped up lol is this normal? i just cleared them.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: