Pages: [1]
Author Topic: REQ: 03 A4 18T Help me fix my Unitronic tune!  (Read 7440 times)
stolenheartdealer

« on: August 13, 2015, 10:00:53 AM »

Unitronic motivated me to find a forum like this and meet people like you all, so for that I have to thank them since I have been introduced to new possibilities.  However that being said they fucking suck at making tunes.  Years later and on my 3rd flash for the 1 and only tune I ever paid for to get working the right one was finally flashed and my rich codes are gone however my SAI still won't run and I know from troubleshooting its the fault of Uni's software.  I have little faith in Uni though I am still reluctantly working with them to fix this issue I will be moving from my mechanic and Uni installer so I want to get this wrapped up in the next two weeks before I leave.

ECU is a ME7.5 8E0 909 518 AF v 0003

TL;DR (History of the issue)
Maybe I bought the car 3 years ago, I had it for maybe two months before I flashed Uni Stage 2 to it.  The car came with the required TT225 injectors (so says the website that they are required)  I wasn't very familiar with the car so looking back to it's original state I was never very confident of my memory but it had passed emissions when I got it.  My car started throwing rich codes.  Like I said I had no confidence in it. My mechanic suggested it was the car and I agreed, for months I proceeded to check every part that could be involved... I wont' get into specifics, it never fixed anything but I did come across broken hoses and stuck valves, nothing that was causing a different code to be thrown though.  Then I started noticing the SAI pump, it was a problem for emissions for the next two years.  Everything on the SAI tested well, the wiring, relay, everything.  So I got on this forum and members helped me flash my first bin, stock AF v0003, then someone helped with writing the injector values and tuning in my trims and all was fine, MY SAI RAN AGAIN AND NO MORE RICH CODES!!! I kept this setup for 6 months about until now, I'm moving so I thought before I go I should give my tune one last chance and get it reflashed on my car.  SAI stopped working again and rich codes and limp mode came back like magic!!! wow! must be the software! So I wrote to Uni, they replied that my mechanic flashed the wrong Stage 2 the last two times, WHAT!? the "wrong" Stage 2??? Apparently their "required" hardware is a lie because they make a "Stage 2 Stock" tune for normal injectors and guess how they label it??? "STAGE 2" can you guess what the advertised Stage 2 is labeled for the mechanic? "STAGE 2 380CC"  Do you see whats wrong with that?  On their site they list the TT225 injector as REQUIRED for Stage 2, what's the value for a TT225 injector you ask? Well a TT225 is a 386cc injector!  Well maybe it's just a typo, maybe but it's a mistake they make often and one that anyone who knows wouldn't assume, Why? Well because there is such a thing as a Bosch 380cc injector that is half the price of the TT225!  One would assume the "STAGE 2 380CC" was a slightly modified version of the standard Stage 2 for the surprisingly very different 380cc Bosch injector.  So I'm currently running "STAGE 2 380CC" with my TT225's and the rich codes are gone, trims are under 5%, great, but the SAI still is failing readiness and doesn't run.  If I monitor the SAI readiness on a cold start the test value outputs "Abort" when it should be running the SAI. 

So I ask you all, can anyone at least try to FIX or PROPERLY DELETE my SAI, as it is now it will fail readiness and fail to run at all which is not acceptable.  I will take it or leave it but having it left in some weird in between state is just not going to work for me.  Please be responsible, I'm not trying to pass this out as I'm going to attempt to take the files direct from the ecu and it will still retain VINs and such so I would not like this circulated but I feel I have the right to get what I paid for in a timely manner and I have a right to fix my own car and this is the only way I can see that it gets done.

So I have the tools and a vague memory of how everything is done I just need a little push in the right directions, I could even let someone remote in and have the ECU in boot mode and connected, drivers should be set up already and this ECU has been flashed by Galletto in the past so downloading and uploading via Nefmoto should be cake? yes?

Thanks to all in advance to all who took the time to help and read this.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 10:52:06 AM by stolenheartdealer » Logged
vwaudiguy

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 10:45:18 AM »

PM'd ya

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
stolenheartdealer

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 10:58:39 AM »

PM'd ya

Got it, replied, attached is a snippet from the flash report Uni sends after the mechanic downloads the file to flash.  Unless this is just a fabrication on Uni's part or maybe they copied over work done on a previous version of the file into an updated bin to "update" their tune and in the process copied over 'bugs' unknowingly as well maybe?

My working stock bin is the same software with a small modification to the 95040 bin to support my TT225 injectors.  Everything works normally when I run this file.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 11:04:03 AM »

I've run into this issue at least twice on stock ecu's. Most likely not anything to do with Unitronic. They have no reason to modify anything SAI related.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
vwaudiguy

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 11:08:47 AM »

with a small modification to the 95040 bin to support my TT225 injectors. 

Are you changing things with Unisettings?

stolenheartdealer

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 11:13:43 AM »

Are you changing things with Unisettings?

No, not ever. Not sure if Unisettings supports this ECU in particular I think my car is one of the few ME7 exceptions. 

I was referring to the only modification made on my pure 'stock' tune.  Someone from this forum made the changes I assume in a hex editor.  I am not referring to a 'stock' Uni tune.  I have made no modifications myself to the Uni tune on my car currently.
john_stuart

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 08:38:42 AM »

Unisettings for ME7 works fine on your ECU.
adam-

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2015, 02:51:08 PM »

Post your file and I'll delete SAI for you. 
mister t

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2015, 07:24:34 PM »

Unitronic motivated me to find a forum like this and meet people like you all, so for that I have to thank them since I have been introduced to new possibilities.  However that being said they fucking suck at making tunes. 

Ahhh, a fellow Unitronic victim.........

Be thankful you didn't get their v6 3.0 tune. I cracked that one open and get past their encryption and without getting into specifics, I can tell you that what they did literally (and I mean that) would have taken 10-15 min with winOLS.

I'm supposed to be getting a refund on it actually, however they wanted me to sign some goofy contract to keep me from reproducing their 'tune' lol. I told them flat out "why on earth would I want to re-flash that hack job onto my ECU when I can write my own"...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: