Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can anybody use Mprog to download their VCDS Hex Can USB cable for me?  (Read 9075 times)
Mechsoldier

I think I bricked my Vag Com  Roll Eyes

I was out doing a mobile tune and needed to use the Galletto 1260 program, so I put my VCDS cable into USB mode and programmed it with the serial number, and I think I bricked it. I was able to do a firmware update with VCDS 15, but it still won't recognize. And now I'm sort of screwed I think. Wondering if anybody can download the eeprom from theirs and send it to me so I can attempt to rewrite it, before I have to bite the bullet and send it to Ross-tech to reprogram. What an idiot.

Thanks guys.
k0mpresd

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 10:42:31 PM »

it would be very unwise for any legitimate owner of a rosstech cable to risk having a clone of their cable running around.
ktm733

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 11:47:26 PM »

I'll help you. Shoot me your email
ddillenger

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 12:08:27 AM »

Agreed. Not much risk here. The chipID can't be changed, the rest is just dumb stuff Smiley

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Mechsoldier

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 09:29:09 PM »

I HAVE a legitimate Hex Can Cable, In fact I'm a registered owner of 2 of them, I sold the other to a buddy when I shut my shop down. So theres really no risk at all, I can send pic of my cable if need be. And I know I can send it in to get it fixed, but I'd have to pay like $150 or something, and I really don't want to do that.
ktm733

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 10:43:35 AM »

here is an ept of ross tech hex+can cable
Mechsoldier

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2015, 03:07:03 PM »

Thank you guys!!! I started at the dealer and we had one so I never got around to trying it, but for anybody else whose an idiot and tries to program their rosstech cable with Mprog to work to flash and bricks it, you should know that this flash will fix it.
lkomnino

Thank you guys!!! I started at the dealer and we had one so I never got around to trying it, but for anybody else whose an idiot and tries to program their rosstech cable with Mprog to work to flash and bricks it, you should know that this flash will fix it.

Saved me too. Phew. Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: