Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mk4 1.8t 4motion Dq250F abs speed issues  (Read 1494 times)
JulienR

« on: March 13, 2023, 09:26:17 AM »

Hi volks!

Im in this situation

Did a conversion on a mk4 , 1.8t 4motion with dq250F from a passat alltrack 2012 model.
(02E 300 015C , 02E 927 770 AL )

Software : 02E300015C
V06m52002ec_getriebe_DSG_chM5

Got 2 dtcs when driving (p1793 and p0722) and gearbox goes back in gear , with abs fuses unplugged(so abs off) everything goes fine

Dtcs:
7106 -  Transmission Output Speed Sensor (G195): No Signal
        P0722 - 000 -   - - Intermittent
18201 -  Transmission Output Speed Sensor 2 (G196): No Signal
        P1793 - 000 -   - - Intermittent

I read on this forum abs can cause this dtc because wheel speed via canbus and internally calculated speed are not close enough.
Maybe it has someting to do with gear ratios ?
Maybe someone here that drives a 1.8t with dq250 and mk20 abs that doesnt have any problems want to share tcu flash file so i can compare gear ratios ?

running an mk20 abs with esp but bought an mk60 abs from a skoda octavia 4x4 .did not install it yet.
i bought this one on forehand just in case.
It has the same partnumber as a mk60 mk4 R32 abs with DSG, so i thought it was the right one to use without issues.

Maybe someone has a pinout from mk20 and mk60? , they dont share the same pinout .
Also the fittings of the brakelines are not exactly the same because mk60 has 2 fittings on top because its having a pressure sensor.(can i just bend this lines or install an extension for the ones that come up on top of the mk60 if i swap them?)

I can see in abs,ecu and tcu and dash in group 125 they're all communicating with eachother . I can see in measuring blocks in tcu speed in kph so abs sends speed on canbus to tcu

I Adjusted my vwk503mh to awd and speed signal on can, so thats fine

I think there are 3 options to fix this but dont know exactly how

- change mk20 abs to mk60 abs(need pinout from both and a solution for the brake lines)

- can filter between abs and tcu to isolate abs from tcu ( i dont have any experience with this so how ?)

- adjust tcu flash like gear ratios, but from wich tcu i dont know. Maybe someone van share some info

Kind regards
JulienR

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2023, 11:30:26 AM »

Changed gear ratios, and deleted dtcs in flash file and didnt work either.  It resulted in an extra dtc " unexpected gear disengagement.

Seems the gear ratios are right.
Checked abs wheel sensors they seem right to

Anyone a clue how to fix this ?
updatelee

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2023, 02:32:35 PM »

I’m in process of swapping a 02q into my alh mk4. So similar but different.

I got the speedo working by representing the cluster to use abs instead of vss. Got the cruise control working by reprogramming the ecu to pull vehicle speed from the abs instead of vss sensor.

I never did get any dtc though so that’s different. Can you delete (hard remove) those dtcs from your ecu bin?
JulienR

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2023, 05:11:28 PM »

I’m in process of swapping a 02q into my alh mk4. So similar but different.

I got the speedo working by representing the cluster to use abs instead of vss. Got the cruise control working by reprogramming the ecu to pull vehicle speed from the abs instead of vss sensor.

I never did get any dtc though so that’s different. Can you delete (hard remove) those dtcs from your ecu bin?

Yeah you can remove dtcs from ecu or tcu
JulienR

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2023, 03:30:33 PM »

Update : did a retrofit from mk20 abs to mk60 abs . Everything works now
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: