Pages: [1]
Author Topic: i need some help. immo off, back on, new key, key programs, car still wont run  (Read 4574 times)
b6commuter

it started here
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=8676.0title=   
Key destroyed, got another one, immo off the ecu, car starts, hazard flashing immo light blinks

then onto here
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=8734.0title=
need immo back on, write works, verify fails, emprom read doesnt match source.

now i put original bin back in, bought new key followed ross tech instructions and car behaved exactly like ross tech says. immo thing blinked went off, etc etc but now car still doesnt start and stay running.

this is months of this nonsense, is there a super delete or very invasive way to remove the immo crap?  remove the chips from cluster and ecu? im up for anything that will definitively work. it looks like something is wrong and i dont know what. all of the tools provided here are working as advertised and giving the correct feedback and results but im not getting the final result i need. bottom line is im sick of this and just need something to work. if you guys are out of ideas ill just replace the cluster, ecu and key from another car and be done with it. i would just like a less expensive way first.

thank again for any help.
k0mpresd

so there is a dtc for "engine start blocked by immobilizer"?
b6commuter

so there is a dtc for "engine start blocked by immobilizer"?

yes
17978 - Engine Start Blocked by Immobilizer
            P1570 - 008 -
k0mpresd

then your immo off was wrong.
b6commuter

then your immo off was wrong.

No it wasn't, when I did the immo off the car ran but the hazards flashed and the dash immo light wouldn't shut off.  The key wasn't matched to the car.

I put original bin back in and now the car doesn't run, and shouldn't because immo is back on.
I programmed the key correctly and car still doesn't work
b6commuter

solved

i did the ecu adaptation from the ross tech site and treated the ecu as if it were USED. i used the login and successfully adapted it to the car and viola.

car starts, and runs with no immo light
b7 remote programmed and unlocks/locks doors

i believe all is well.

thanks for all of the info, in future i now know to just buy id48's straight away if i need a key, al of this work is not worth it to solve such a simple problem. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: