Pages: [1]
Author Topic: rolling launch control, not clutch in bang bang.  (Read 4712 times)
vwnut8392

« on: September 08, 2015, 12:03:32 PM »

i have a question for the guys who developed the code for the launch control. would it be possible to make it enable via the set button on the cruise control stalk and eliminate the wheel speed based control? i was just curious because i have one of my other old school audi's with standalone setup on the set button instead of a clutch switch because with it that way i can do rolling launch control. not like clutch in and bang bang but hold the set button and floor it during a roll race to load the engine and make boost. i got this idea from the nissan GTR as a friend who owns an alpha 12 GTR has this feature and its pretty freaking useful.

here's a link to a video of how it works from the developer of it for the GTR.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iebn4q_QU68
vwnut8392

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 12:27:45 PM »

so i started looking into the launch control routine and this is how i think it works looking at it in IDApro.

START for launch control
-check clutch switch if no move to compare wheel speed in ram (vfil_w) to predefined wheel speed
-if no than move to compare RPM in ram (nmot_w) to predefined RPM
-if no than move to (TSRDLYN) and bang bang happens
-end of launch control

start for NLS
-Check clutch if yes
-move to check clutch switch again if no
-move to check brake light switch in ram (b_bl) if no
-move to compare RPM in ram (nmot_w) to predefined variable RPM if no
-move to compare throttle pedal % in ram (wped) to predefined pedal variable if no
-move to ignition cut time (not sure what ram variable is compared for this yet) if no
-move to (TSRDLYN) and bang happens during shifts

correct me if im wrong here please because i want to figure out how to leave how the NLS works alone but with the launch control use the set button on the cruise control stalk instead of the clutch switch to enable the launch control plus remove the roll out wheel speed from launch control as well. this would allow rolling launch control for guys with large turbos that are always doomed into roll racing everyone. i've set up 2 1.8T cars with wotboxes this way instead of using a clutch switch and it works beautifully on the GT2871 car and the GT30 car too on a roll. i was seeing around 12psi being made rolling 60mph holding the set button. once i released the set button it spiked straight to 26psi just like its supposed to! the guy in the corvette never seen that coming, all he seen was me going far away from him lol.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: