Pages: [1]
Author Topic: RPM and Speed Signal  (Read 6300 times)
PaulB

« on: September 15, 2015, 01:22:58 PM »

Hello everyone!

I have a Seat Leon 1.8T (MY 2003) , and i bought a Defi advance ZD !
I m looking for a speed and rpm signal ?

Anyone? Smiley

Thank you!
dik-van-dub

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 04:36:01 PM »

what engine code?
PaulB

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 01:24:24 PM »

ARY
adam-

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 01:43:00 PM »

Speed is from the sensor on the gearbox.  Could use an ABS sensor too.  RPM is from the Engine Speed sensor on the front of the block.

I don't understand what you want?
PaulB

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 04:39:37 AM »

I bought this gauge : http://www.defi-shop.com/products/advance_zd/summary_zd/

This gauge support rpm engine speed and vehicle speed! And i m looking an electrical signal .. ?
adam-

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 05:11:24 AM »

So connect the sensors from engine speed and vehicle speed?

They go into the ECU and they're converted from there.  The box you've bought takes the raw signal from the sensors and converts it itself.  So, go fine the Engine Speed sensor and the vehicle speed sensor and connect them to the box?

Not everything supports 60-2 wheels which is what most VAG stuff is.  Could use the gearbox sensor or an ABS sensor. 

Still unsure what you're looking for.  Maybe it's just me?
PaulB

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 06:09:32 AM »

Thank you my friend , i ll try that , and i will tell you! Smiley

One more question.. This gauge has also a A/F analog input (narrowband 0-1V and wideband 0-5V option) .. From where i can get the signal for the A/F ? (O2 sensor? ECU pin? )
narf0815

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 06:27:23 AM »

Just to be sure:
You also bought the Defi-Link ADVANCE Control Unit?

Defi-Link Meter ADVANCE ZD is an OLED multi-display. This product needs to be connected to the Defi-Link ADVANCE Control Unit.
PaulB

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 06:34:24 AM »

Yes!  Smiley All the sensors are connected to this control unit! Smiley
adam-

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2015, 06:42:28 AM »

Your Seat will be wideband, so you can connect to the first lambda for wideband monitoring.  Just tap into the sensors, just as you will for engine speed and vehicle speed.

Your box should NOT be used to provide logging data, it should purely be there as eye-candy.  If you're mapping/logging on the road, use the ME7Logger software and leave the laptop connected.  Don't be stupid and attempt to monitor 20 variables on a tiny OLED screen while limiter bashing 3rd.  You'll kill yourself/someone/some family/kittens.

Personally, you should only have oil pressure, oil temp (if tracked), AFR and EGT as gauges, and they should be used as a quick visual check.
PaulB

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2015, 06:52:24 AM »

Your Seat will be wideband, so you can connect to the first lambda for wideband monitoring.  Just tap into the sensors, just as you will for engine speed and vehicle speed.

Your box should NOT be used to provide logging data, it should purely be there as eye-candy.  If you're mapping/logging on the road, use the ME7Logger software and leave the laptop connected.  Don't be stupid and attempt to monitor 20 variables on a tiny OLED screen while limiter bashing 3rd.  You'll kill yourself/someone/some family/kittens.

Personally, you should only have oil pressure, oil temp (if tracked), AFR and EGT as gauges, and they should be used as a quick visual check.

Witch cable i use on the O2 sensor cable? ( white , red, black , grey , yellow ?)

The box is for monitoring and warning function! If i want to log , i use Vag com!
Also the box has a recording option itself!! Wink

Yes i have connected Oil press , fuel press , oil temp , EGT and i need one more (the A/F) to finish!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: