Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Re: Logging ME7 fast and flexible => ME7Logger  (Read 8052 times)
q_dubz

« on: September 24, 2015, 03:00:58 PM »

I can not get this program to open. The cmd window opens for a split second and closes...

-Windows 10-
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 03:02:55 PM »

It is a command line program.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
q_dubz

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 03:50:02 PM »

It is a command line program.
Yes i understand that, how do i run it properly?
vwaudiguy

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 03:51:43 PM »

Yes i understand that, how do i run it properly?

If you understood that, you wouldn't have asked your next question. Google?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command-line_interface

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
q_dubz

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 04:28:52 PM »

If you understood that, you wouldn't have asked your next question. Google?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command-line_interface
yep went that route...

start ME7Logger after adding a path to it's location. No dice.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 05:25:50 PM »

No dice, how?

The cmd shell doesn't close unless you close it.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
q_dubz

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2015, 06:39:26 PM »

No dice, how?

The cmd shell doesn't close unless you close it.
No dice as in the CMD shell says it can't find the "ME7Logger" file or the ME7Info file even though they're RIGHT WHERE I POINTED THE PATH!
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2015, 06:44:28 PM »

In your original post, you said
The cmd window opens for a split second and closes...

Copy/paste the contents of your cmd window, along with the path.

Please do not post a screen shot.

Also consider using the VisualME7Logger GUI if you can't figure out the command line tool.

http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning#Logging_utilities
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 06:46:29 PM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

q_dubz

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2015, 04:40:30 AM »

as per your request:

Code:
C:\Users\Quintin R. Callahan>set path=%PATH%;C:\Users\Quintin R. Callahan\Documents\ME7Logger\Bin

C:\Users\Quintin R. Callahan>path
PATH=%PATH%;C:\Users\Quintin R. Callahan\Documents\ME7Logger\Bin

C:\Users\Quintin R. Callahan>start ME7Logger

C:\Users\Quintin R. Callahan>

Now once i do this, another cmd window blinks for a quick second, so i'm assuming the Logger is running in the background but i am not sure. I would expect some sort of cmd line output. If that is not the case then MY BAD.

***JUST FIGURED IT OUT*** FACEPALM SMH.  I just type ME7Logger or ME7 info without the "start"...

Sorry.

Now i still am a lil lost following the README as it doesn't give which commands to use setting up initially.

Also i downloaded the Visual GUI already well before i started this thread BUT i am actually trying to learn and expand my knowlege on what little i know of CMD Shell (which is basic networking checks). I want to learn this way because i actually have fun with this kinda stuff...when it works. Google is nice but the info you pull is sooooooo overwhelming!

I'll dig thru the ME7Logger thread again as i'm sure i missed a few things the first time thru as well as i was just trying to get the program running lol Wink
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 05:01:54 AM by q_dubz » Logged
adam-

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2015, 05:47:10 AM »

You don't need to use this "set path" stuff.  CD means change directory.  If you want to change the drive letter, just type the letter and ":".  So, say when you open CMD it flashes up "C:\......" and you want to be on "O", just type "O:" and it'll change.

Now, you can use "cd o:\my path\my logger\" and it'll change the working directory to: "o:\my path\my logger\"

Then create an ECU file with ME7Info using the same process, move your ECU file to ME7Logger and modify the text file.  I'll post mine when I get home so you can see how to mod variables.  I can always attach a working version, with my variables, and the file so you can see how it's done.
gman86

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2015, 06:33:38 AM »

Using "start" before ME7Logger launches it separately from the command line window. Run just ME7Logger and you'll see it scroll the parameters you need to pass it to run
q_dubz

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2015, 07:20:30 AM »

You don't need to use this "set path" stuff.  CD means change directory.  If you want to change the drive letter, just type the letter and ":".  So, say when you open CMD it flashes up "C:\......" and you want to be on "O", just type "O:" and it'll change.

Now, you can use "cd o:\my path\my logger\" and it'll change the working directory to: "o:\my path\my logger\"

Then create an ECU file with ME7Info using the same process, move your ECU file to ME7Logger and modify the text file.  I'll post mine when I get home so you can see how to mod variables.  I can always attach a working version, with my variables, and the file so you can see how it's done.

Yea that works to, lil quicker as well.

I def look forward to your help/input! Smiley
SB_GLI

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2015, 07:37:01 AM »

Also consider using the VisualME7Logger GUI if you can't figure out the command line tool.

http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning#Logging_utilities

what he said.   I can rock a command prompt all day, but I still prefer VisualME7Logger because I can see the results in REAL TIME.  Boom.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: