Pages: [1]
Author Topic: mk4 immo match problem  (Read 3409 times)
beetleboosted

« on: October 07, 2015, 12:58:40 PM »

'04 GLI with a manual swap.  highline half FIS cluster.  1J5 920 926 H.  installed a known good, untouched, stock SM box (AWP/6MT).  attempts to match the immo via PIN and VCDS have failed repeatedly. 

after doing the proper VCDS procedure with correct PIN and both keys, it does everything as it should, and immo light goes off after matching the 2nd key.  VCDS MBV's shows, engine start = 0 (not allowed).  turn the key off and back on with either key, and the immo light comes on, Immo active comes up on screen on cluster.  MBV still showing start not allowed.  ive tried zeroing out key count, saving and cycling everything, and going back in, setting as 2 keys, and going thru the procedure again, but still end up with the same outcome.  tried all of the above with 1 key instead of 2, no difference. 

tried matching a untouched LP box (AWP/5mt), same outcome. 

tried new ID48 chips in the keys, same outcome. 

tried matching in another factory AWP/6mt car (20th GTI), same outcome.

tried matching with my bench harness, same outcome. 

is the eeprom in the cluster gone screwy?  am i doing something wrong?  im stumped at this point...  any help would be appreciated. 
k0mpresd

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 02:06:41 PM »

why are you key matching when you should be ecu adapting?
if keys are already adapted to the cluster (current immo) then you must adapt ecu to the car and keys will stay paired and working.
beetleboosted

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 11:16:56 PM »

Ah...  Brain fart. Thank you.  It's been a while since I've done just an ECU. For some reason I was thinking it was done the same way as keys...  Adapted just the ECU and everything worked perfectly.

Thanks for the clarification of my retardation...  Haha
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: