Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Suggestions on how to fix Golf 4 Neuspeed supercharger tune  (Read 41788 times)
hackish

« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2015, 08:31:06 PM »

Ultimately this car is too old to make any money off a tuning solution. It's not my car and I don't have a huge amount of interest in slogging through it for weeks on end. Tomorrow I'll pull the eeprom off the board and clone it on to another ECU and try to tune it. I'm pretty confident I can make it run well enough that it won't blow up or melt down and send him on his way. I have a number of other bosch based projects I can pick from that can keep me busy and paid.
_nameless

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2015, 11:14:55 AM »

I just deleted the heater code. It's happened in the past trying to use a 2l ecu for a 1.8t. I never had good results. Ultimately I plan on using a 1.8t ecu when I convert to turbo. Main reason was I had a Cali emissions bbw 8v vvt and it popped. I converted to me7.5 kept the returnless fueling, used a avh non vvt 8v and calibrated for it. Fkvvs needed some tweaking for static fuel.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
vwaudiguy

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2015, 11:20:42 AM »

I just deleted the heater code. It's happened in the past trying to use a 2l ecu for a 1.8t. I never had good results. Ultimately I plan on using a 1.8t ecu when I convert to turbo. Main reason was I had a Cali emissions bbw 8v vvt and it popped. I converted to me7.5 kept the returnless fueling, used a avh non vvt 8v and calibrated for it. Fkvvs needed some tweaking for static fuel.

Thanks for the info, Marty. I wonder if there's a scaler/map to change the threshold for this (the heater code).

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
hackish

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2015, 12:34:54 PM »

Pulled and backed up the eeprom. I'm flashing the new ECU. God it takes forever. If it wasn't so much trouble i'd be tempted to build a socket to plug an old moates ostrich on the board in place of the flash chip.
hackish

« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2015, 01:05:09 PM »

Small interesting detail about the neuspeed ROM. I noticed that they'd patched the firmware but never bothered to look at it further. Their patch prevents the ECU from being read back over the obd2 port. I read it successfully. Flashed in the neuspeed map, it wouldn't read back. So I flashed a stock file back in and it read back just fine.

If for whatever reason a flash fails in the middle can it still be recovered via obd2 or do you need to bootloader it?
_nameless

« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2015, 01:18:38 PM »

If power isn't interrupted you can just reflash the file soon as you kill power on next power up it will be bricked. Anytime your changing software versions always best to bootmode flash

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
hackish

« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2015, 01:43:55 PM »

The MPPS asks you to turn the key off and on. Does that mean killing power or does the constant power keep you in the green? I will at least have the original ecu on hand if I need it, just needed to know so I'll keep the backup ecu on hand.

Here is something eeprom-curious...
The ECU out of a factory stock ECU has proper data in it but the neuspeed eeprom has a lot of blanked out stuff.
hackish

« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2015, 02:22:31 PM »

Last update because I'm done for the day. Cloning the ECU was a success. I decided to take it for a quick test drive to see how good/bad the neuspeed tune was. The fuel is pretty close to where I'd want it. The blower is making a maximum of 6 psi. Cold start was OK (temp today is about 40F or 5C). Cruise was OK around stoich. As soon as I made a few pounds of boost it dropped to the low 12's. Without logging and detcans I didn't want to push it too much.

The car doesn't feel great but the fuel seems to be OK. I'll get some logging going to see how the fuel trims and target lambda are compared to what the wideband says. Despite the previous engine dying with a broken rod it feels like it's got too little timing in most areas.

Are there any opinions on how much timing the 2.0l 8v will like with 5-6psi of boost?
adam-

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2015, 02:44:21 AM »

Applaud for getting stuck in! Smiley
hackish

« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2015, 09:43:32 PM »

Got the car out tuning a little. I think I understand a little more about it now. I am told it has larger injectors and a larger MAF. I think what's going on with the fuel situation is that the larger injectors and maf cancel each other out close enough that it works. The problem currently is that the %load peaks out around 50% so this explains the detonation problems the car suffered in the past.

Can anyone point me toward how the % airflow is scaled?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2015, 09:50:11 PM »

the larger injectors and maf cancel each other out close enough that it works.

SMH

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ddillenger

« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2015, 09:55:13 PM »

Got the car out tuning a little. I think I understand a little more about it now. I am told it has larger injectors and a larger MAF. I think what's going on with the fuel situation is that the larger injectors and maf cancel each other out close enough that it works. The problem currently is that the %load peaks out around 50% so this explains the detonation problems the car suffered in the past.

Can anyone point me toward how the % airflow is scaled?

MLHFM.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2015, 10:00:43 PM »

The underscaled MAF ensures the load stays low under boost because the ECU can't handle FI loads. The ENTIRE torque model is screwed up.

This is why noobs shouldn't try to run NA ecus on FI equipment. This includes neuspeed.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 10:02:48 PM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ddillenger

« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2015, 11:57:12 PM »

The underscaled MAF ensures the load stays low under boost because the ECU can't handle FI loads. The ENTIRE torque model is screwed up.

This is why noobs shouldn't try to run NA ecus on FI equipment. This includes neuspeed.

It was clear on page 1 that he wasn't interested in doing a proper job, just getting it passable.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
hackish

« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2015, 11:51:22 PM »

MLHFM.

MLHFM looks like it's just the MAF table itself. I can rescale this for the proper MAF and change the injector size so the vehicle runs correctly but I'm interested in knowing how the MAF airflow is translated into the UPM % value.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: