Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 2005 S4 B6 Audi immobilizer or key issue.  (Read 15507 times)
nitrorocket

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2015, 09:36:15 PM »

I will get into trying to program keys someday, but I have a hunch the car will not start because the key has never been coded. Tomorrow I am going to bring it to he dealer and have them code the key and see what happens. The immobilizer is locked, they key signal is to low, hopefully its locks because the low/no key signal.

The other codes are gone now, the short was the right cam position sensor wiring, someone had wired it wrong, after I switched the 3 wires around the codes went away. Crazy it was causing 14 codes. This car was such a mess when I got it, it really was ready for the junkyard. Lol

I am also going to research what software would program the key for this car. I also need keys for my other Audis and Porsches so it would be a good investment.

ddillenger

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2015, 09:38:36 PM »

VCDS will program this key without a problem once you have the login. You can get that with a VCDS cable and vag eeprom programmer v1.19 (which is free to download if you search).

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
nitrorocket

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2015, 09:51:48 PM »

I learn so much more on here every day. I was under the impression I need something like vag tacho or vag commander. I had no idea my VCDS was capable. I will have to look for that download!

nitrorocket

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2015, 07:09:01 AM »

The key I got with the car is this. This is what I've been trying to start it with, which is not working.

JMA  Hu-haa.p

Looks like in some versions the red part is a transponder.

http://americankeysupply.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=601
hansdevogel89

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2015, 04:41:26 PM »

I learn so much more on here every day. I was under the impression I need something like vag tacho or vag commander. I had no idea my VCDS was capable. I will have to look for that download

always use vageepromprogrammer on those rb4's, vag k+can will brick them, vagtacho wont read them
be sure to make an encrypted backup before you do anything and it cant go wrong
you need an id48 crypto 2 transponder,
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: