Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Trouble flashing Audi A8 2005 4.2 BFM ME 7.1.1  (Read 12117 times)
junior

« on: November 10, 2015, 04:53:46 PM »

Hi, hope someone can give me some insight to this.  I'm trying to flash an A8 4.2 BFM engine with 4E0910560J controller ME7.1.1  I can not read with nefmoto.  Nefmoto connects to the controller but can not read the flash it can not validate memory layout, should be 29F800BB.  I get "Request upload from ECU failed, ECU reports service is not supported. Request upload may have been disabled by aftermarket engine software." when I try to read it anyway.  I've tried all baud rates and used both original Vag-Com cable and FTDI, same results.

I was able to read the car using a galletto clone.  I can read and get a correct bin.  I made the modifications that I need and now need to upload back to the car.  My galletto clone will not write the flash, I get speed change error, which is common with the clone cable. 

Any way I can get nefmoto to work to write the flash back?  Much searching has yielded no worthwhile results.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 03:59:26 PM by junior » Logged
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 06:30:56 PM »

It's not going to happen. Bootmode read/write this ecu.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
mister t

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 07:09:40 PM »

I don't know that you have to bootmode it.

I can flash mine my 2005 S4 V8 ME7.1.1 ECU (560G) as long as it's on the bench with a cable and the Nefmoto software.

Having said that, I've disabled my immobilizer, so maybe that needs to be done first.

In any event, you'll have to pull the ECU out, and maybe tinker with the immobilizer. But once that's done, you can flash to your heart's content as long as it's not in the car.

OP, don't worry about the invalid memory layout, just make sure you have the 800BT one selected.

DDillenger: I was wondering, is it the TCU/Mechatronic module that prevents the reflashing? Whenever I tried to do it on my tip equipped car I end up with the TCU showing it's in limp mode and having to clear the code.

I could certainly see it on the 2005.5+ B7 as the immobilizer is in the transmission, but I thought that the 2003-2005.5's didn't have that...... 'feature'..... :p
junior

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 09:48:55 AM »

So I have the ECU out on the bench now.  I tried writing the ECU on the bench with mpps 16.1 clone.  It read complete ok, writing went bad.  Not I'm trying to put it in  boot mode to recover with galletto or nefmoto.  Can't connect with either.  I'm grounding pin 24, then power up.  No connection.  I read somewhere that a resistor may be needed but the info is super vague.  Does anyone know if a resistor is required for this ECU and exactly where it need to go?

Thanks!
- Junior
ddillenger

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2015, 09:52:30 AM »

This should be correct for your ecu.

Remove 000 jumper from position 1. Solder (or just jump the pins) to position 2.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
junior

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2015, 10:20:11 AM »

I moved that jumper, it now looks as in your photo, still can not connect via boot mode when grounding pin 24.  Can not get any response from any tool right now.  What else should I try??
ddillenger

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2015, 11:00:20 AM »

Have you used bootmode successfully on any other ecus?

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
junior

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2015, 02:33:26 PM »

yes on ME 7.5 1.8t  I will pull that ECU tomorrow and test it on this rig to see if its something on the harness.  Before the failed MPPS write I could read the ECU no problem
junior

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2015, 05:05:12 PM »

I tested an ME7.5 800BB ecu with this rig and was able to read the flash in boot mode without trouble.  Is it possible that bumping pin 23 or 25 on accident when trying to set bootmode could have fried the ECU?  I can not access this ME7.1.1 with anything as if its dead?? Could attempting to write with clone MPPS have damaged it where bootmode would not work?

Anything I might do to revive this ECU?

I got a spare off ebay I should see in a day or two.
junior

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2015, 05:15:05 PM »

so I got a spare 4E0907560 ECU  I can once again connect to the ECU and get the stock bin off it using galletto.  I still can not get this thing into bootmode though!  Tried changing the jumpers on the back, no go.  There has got to be something thats missing.  I'm running out of places to look for info.  Any other ideas??

Thanks!!!
ddillenger

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2015, 10:58:58 AM »

Take pictures of your ecu, front and back.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
junior

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2015, 05:02:56 PM »

Here are photos of the ECU
ddillenger

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2015, 05:54:37 PM »

I literally did one of these yesterday. I didn't remove any resistors, or add any others. It will bootmode without any additional work. Put the resistors back to stock, and just bootmode it.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
junior

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2015, 06:05:57 PM »

since I still can not get this to work, this is what I'm doing.  power supply 13v, ground pin 24 of 29F800BB chip through a 6.7k resistor turn power on to pin 3 wait 5 secs (have tried as many as 30) disconnect ground.

Am I doing something wrong?  I must be!!!!!
junior

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2015, 07:28:40 PM »

I got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  On this ECU you must have all power off, ground boot pin, then power on with ignition on already, all power at once.  Then BOOTMODE!!!!

Resistor jumpers are in stock position and it works.  Thanks so much for the help!!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: