Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MED9.1 timing maps  (Read 3871 times)
gman86

« on: November 20, 2015, 05:24:30 PM »

So in ME7x we know that KFZW and KFZW2 relate to the maps used for the cam timing switch over, but how does it work in MED9? You can constantly vary the inlet camshaft angle by 22 degrees across the rev and load range, so there's no simple interpolation between the two maps. It's further confused by the fact that my Golf R file has 6 KFZWs. Now the TFSI has inlet manifold flaps, and there are timing maps for their positions, so the way I understand is as follows:

KFZW'1'/2 - Timing map fully retarded / fully advanced (flaps closed)
KFZW3/4 - Timing map full retarded / fully advanced (flaps open)
KFZW5/6??

Traditionally, the interpolation on ME7x (AFAIK) is done by working out the difference between the two map values during transition. How does MED9 calculate with a constantly variable angle?

What are the extra KFZW5 and KFZW6 maps?

With that in mind, what's the point in having a KFZW2, when the flaps are going to be open at an RPM where KFZW4 is active and conversely, why have a KFZW3 when it would be KFZW that's running?

I know I'm going a bit OT in my own thread, but I notice this car also has 6 LDRXNs. Are these selected based on VCDS coding (auto/manual/euro/hotclimate??). The Golf R only seems to have one or two difference software versions.
munro

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 08:42:40 AM »

if you notice, are also KFPED 6 can be (but maybe he's telling a nonsense) that all these maps are linked to the gear?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: