Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1K0906032S ME7.1.1 ST10 Help  (Read 3562 times)
voltprinter

« on: May 29, 2022, 12:10:58 PM »

I'm not sure where to go from here, I have a 1K0906032S from an 06-07 Rabbit I'm testing on before going after my ECU. This is the HW III Family 52 board which I needed to tag a resistor on and ground out a pad to get it into boot mode. I was able to do that just fine, and I am using MPPS v21 to do the dumps. I did a Bosch Generic ME7.1.1 1mb K-Line dump, and then a iRom and xRom Dump with the ST10F295 option, but it keeps detecting as a ST10F296. Lastly I grabbed a 832kb dump off the ST10F296(5). Either the dumps are not good, or it's because of this weird board nothing wants to play nice with it. I lost my old KKL cables ages ago, and my hex-can won't work with the nefmoto software. I have a new KKL cable ordered. This is all new to me, can anyone suggest some help? I've read and spent days getting this far and I cannot figure out where to go from here. My goal was to read the SKC, maybe immo off, delete some DTCs, and maybe play around with tunes.

Attached is everything I was able to grab so far.
R32Dude

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2022, 06:38:42 PM »

You need to read more posts on the forum. The EEPROM  is what you need for immo and skc.
bamofo

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2022, 08:15:00 AM »

I'm not sure where to go from here, I have a 1K0906032S from an 06-07 Rabbit I'm testing on before going after my ECU. This is the HW III Family 52 board which I needed to tag a resistor on and ground out a pad to get it into boot mode. I was able to do that just fine, and I am using MPPS v21 to do the dumps. I did a Bosch Generic ME7.1.1 1mb K-Line dump, and then a iRom and xRom Dump with the ST10F295 option, but it keeps detecting as a ST10F296. Lastly I grabbed a 832kb dump off the ST10F296(5). Either the dumps are not good, or it's because of this weird board nothing wants to play nice with it. I lost my old KKL cables ages ago, and my hex-can won't work with the nefmoto software. I have a new KKL cable ordered. This is all new to me, can anyone suggest some help? I've read and spent days getting this far and I cannot figure out where to go from here. My goal was to read the SKC, maybe immo off, delete some DTCs, and maybe play around with tunes.

Attached is everything I was able to grab so far.

You should grab a cheap KESS clone then MPPS i havent had a ton of success with ST10F275. Thats the other thing.. Wrong chip you have a ST10F275 look on the two big chips it will tell you. You dont need to pull the 832kb fill only the 1024 file. EEProm read is also available in MPPS V21+ BUT i dont remember if 21 or 22 bricks it after like 10 flashes... Bricks the MPPS cable that is not the ECU. IF you can do boot mode to flash stuff then your golden. you should be able to get the generic 2048 EEPROM and the MPC / ROM off of it with generic settings in MPPS. Read em all again according to the correct chip and repost. Files should be 1024 / 832 / 2k.

Next problem you have is CSM that bad boy. Again you can test it a bunch and confirm/deny it works but i havent had much luck with letting the app do CSM on either KESS or MPPS for that processor type. maybe you will!.
voltprinter

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2022, 04:01:56 AM »

You should grab a cheap KESS clone then MPPS i havent had a ton of success with ST10F275. Thats the other thing.. Wrong chip you have a ST10F275 look on the two big chips it will tell you. You dont need to pull the 832kb fill only the 1024 file. EEProm read is also available in MPPS V21+ BUT i dont remember if 21 or 22 bricks it after like 10 flashes... Bricks the MPPS cable that is not the ECU. IF you can do boot mode to flash stuff then your golden. you should be able to get the generic 2048 EEPROM and the MPC / ROM off of it with generic settings in MPPS. Read em all again according to the correct chip and repost. Files should be 1024 / 832 / 2k.

Next problem you have is CSM that bad boy. Again you can test it a bunch and confirm/deny it works but i havent had much luck with letting the app do CSM on either KESS or MPPS for that processor type. maybe you will!.

Did not see that you had responded to this post, accidentally made another thinking this would be buried and I was about to go after the cluster.

Edit: Both eepromtool_04 and iProg, claim the login is 4537. I just wish I knew how to go about verifying if that's actually correct or not since the board isn't bootable anymore to plug in to and see if that gets me in.
So I did end up ordering up a cheap KESS, still didn't have any luck getting the 95160. Since I'm pretty confident I killed the board by accidentally shorting it when probing pins, this happened after trying the kess. I figured the eeprom should probably be ok, even though i can't get the board to boot. So I got a cheapie CH431 and dumped it with a chip clip. Lost my flashcat apparently.

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=59su3uhliue1jsrnuejikb8j43&topic=20969.0title=

I'm not sure how to verify the data that did come off, since it's a 95160 I'm not sure what to use software wise to grab the SKC or disable the immo.

Edit 2: Oh yes, the MPPS. I did brick my cable messing with it too much, I did get a new one. I don't recall if I tried to dump it as a generic or not, I will give that a shot. And, my mind if blanking out on me, CSM? I'm not sure I know what that is, or I'm just not putting that acronym together. Been working in the garage all night, brain is a bit fried right now haha.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 04:26:35 AM by voltprinter » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: