Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wiring color code help needed 2004 allroad instrument cluster  (Read 2834 times)
SteveChic

« on: December 13, 2015, 10:19:39 PM »

I need help with the wiring color codes for the blue instrument cluster plug on a 2004 allroad. I've attached the image that I found in a thread here that listed the functions, but not the wiring code. The image below is what I've been able to find. I think I have most of them correct, but I need a few still. If anyone has this information, I would appreciate it.

I had to cut the connector off after it melted and married itself to the cluster when said burnt itself up. I want to add it back for the donor cluster I'm trying to source.

Thanks in advance for any info.

EDIT: I forgot to ask about the multiple brown wires in the list. I have confirmed that I have more than one as well in the dash. Does it matter if I get them out of order, as they are grounds?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 10:32:10 PM by SteveChic » Logged
SteveChic

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 11:33:11 PM »

Update: After some more digging, it appears that:

#14 should be a blue/white wire
#32 should be a violet/black wire

The problem is that #5 and #32 are both violet/black. I'm going to test the voltage at both. The tank is full, so I'm thinking that I should only have voltage at the violet/black wire that belongs to #5. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: