Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Multimap on AUDI  (Read 15736 times)
Carsinc

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2017, 11:26:22 AM »

I'm lost, sooo your saying you want a switchable map tune that simply reduces your max power?
you said you want a stock mode yet you have upgraded hard components injectors and turbo, that would seem to make
"stock" a bad move. I'm just confused as to why you cant just not push the gas as much?
hugoreisfe

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2017, 12:21:28 PM »

I'm lost, sooo your saying you want a switchable map tune that simply reduces your max power?
you said you want a stock mode yet you have upgraded hard components injectors and turbo, that would seem to make
"stock" a bad move. I'm just confused as to why you cant just not push the gas as much?

First of all thanks for the reply.
I want to use as much as i can from my ecu.
I would like to get that because for example: for a race i would set the launch control at 2.5k to reduce wheelspin, and i cannot have my car doing popcorn in a daily drive, and i push well over 2.5k in normal drive. It's an example there are many more.
The torque limiter in a race tune is very different from a daily drive.
Egr can't be on in a race tune.

I know the throttle can do all the difference, but what if i want to ran map instead of a maf in a race tune and then switch to daily drive as a maf tune? i simply can't.

I know most of you don't agree with me that's ok.

adam-

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2017, 12:29:28 PM »

You can't do all of what you want with the remaining empty space.  There isn't enough.
hugoreisfe

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2017, 01:41:57 PM »

You can't do all of what you want with the remaining empty space.  There isn't enough.

Yes i can. It's 3 codeblocks in my ecu.

Why instead of criticizing and making unusefull comments why not help?
KasperH

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2017, 06:34:03 PM »

What you want is way beyond just a simple multi map.
You could do it with a dual chip switch board.
nihalot

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2017, 08:37:03 PM »

On edc15 you can switch entire map sets, unlike on me7/med9/medc17

I use multimap cause I don’t trust my friends with the higher power Wink
+valet mode

www.tangentmotorsport.com

multimap/LC/rolling antilag for MED17/EDC17/MED9/EDC15

contact for reverse engineering services of any ECU/TCU
adam-

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2017, 11:52:45 PM »

The more you know! Smiley How big is the flash?
jochen_145

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2017, 08:09:59 AM »

It's a switch that can change from codeblock 1 to 2 or 3 with a combination of pedals or cruise control or other buttons.

Never heart about this functionallity in EDC15, but maybe some brother go ahead with this ?!
In Subaru STI you can find this kind of functionallity, but the code itself needs to be patched for this.

This is in edc15 which has 3 codeblocks, manual, automatic or 4x4.
Yes, you can extent the dump, if only one or two are availible now, but the chance is done by coding. So you need an diagnosic tool for this, if you got a stock Hardware.

Easiest way to get something simular to your request is to dobble the Flash inside the ECU and switch via chip-enable and a external switch. But in this case, you can just choose between two applications without diagnostic tool.

Some years ago, I reat from a "active" switch, with does the ecu coding by presse a button at the dash, but I do not remember where...

hugoreisfe

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2017, 12:54:03 PM »

There is a post about this multi map on this ecu and a checksum disable, only works if you do that.

These post we're made by a member of this forum, which is helping me and he made the same posts here i think (not sure).
That member is Nihalot! you can ask him for help or to make you a file, he was very helpful to me, great guy.

Multimap
http://www.ecuconnections.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=211&t=51373

Checksum Disable
http://www.ecuconnections.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=211&t=49704

About extending the dump and things like that, not very practical even with the switch and all, that's why i went with this feature!
jochen_145

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2017, 01:47:36 AM »

There is a post about this multi map on this ecu and a checksum disable, only works if you do that.

great stuff Smiley ! Didn´t know this for EDC15 bevor..
The need to disable checksum is totaly clear, if you chance between "coding area" during ECU is running.
You need to do the same, if you like to switch between dobble flashes during ECU is running.
I myself pever switching switched off with a hardware switch, because I like to have my checksumms on.

About extending the dump and things like that, not very practical even with the switch and all, that's why i went with this feature!
Extending the dump is allways a good feature, if you like to run the diesel to its maxium.
I used it everytime, to be able to run a "must-not-run-all-time-application" for 1/4mile racing e.g.
Ok, it isn´t that comforable,because you need a diagnositc system. But the switching between only two applications with a dobble flash works realy fine, as long as you don´t want to chance characteristic during driven Wink
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: