Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 93c66 dump  (Read 4568 times)
bluevrt

« on: December 23, 2015, 09:55:12 AM »

Hi All,

I am looking for the SKC in my cluster - 1999 Jetta GLX with 1J0 920 900J cluster. Immo 2 I believe.  I've read out the 93C66 serial eeprom but don't see anything like I've seen here in other cluster eeprom dumps.  It just looks scrambled - maybe with a bit stuck off.  Would you guys mind taking a look at this file and provide some comments?  Does this look messed up?  Do you see a SKC in there anywhere?

Thanks,

Bill
dbreeze

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 12:06:48 PM »

You may have a separate IMMO Box on your vehicle which is where the SKC would be stored and why this dump looks a little strange.

Check out: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Immobilizer#Immobilizer_Generation_2

See if you can tell whether you have the separate box or if you have one where it was built into the cluster.

If you do have the separate box you check this out for reading the chip in the box: http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=445186

Hope that helps!
bluevrt

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 02:03:35 PM »

My Immo box is a little different,  I'm thinking it's the next gen version of the one you linked me to. It's got a Motorola micro - probably a customized version of the 68hc05  and no separate eeprom.  The module at the top left contains a Phillips UAA3201 RF receiver inside that tin can - most likely for the fob.

I'm striking out here - The EEPROM on the ECU has FFFF in the SKC field.  No SKC found in the cluster,  and not much I can get out of the Immo box.

Before I started ripping into the hardware I spent a long time trying to get the drivers to work but never managed to get any of the software to recognize the cable I bought - even though it has the recommended FDDI serial-usb chip in it.  Don't know if it's something weird with my old Dell Latitude Win XP setup or what.  Maybe I'll try buying yet another cable.

Thanks again for your input.

Bill
k0mpresd

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 02:44:46 PM »

read soic8 in immo box.
hansdevogel89

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2015, 03:47:34 AM »

it is in immo box, probably 24c04

immo 2 doesnt store skc in ecu, as is obvious from its design
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: