Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: "RequestUpload may have been disabled by aftermarket engine software"  (Read 36787 times)
gman86

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2016, 06:49:21 PM »

Except there are still STOCK ME7 images that can brick the ECU on read...

I've not dealt with ME7 enough to claim otherwise, but by your own admission as of 08:29 on 27/07, it's likely aftermarket.

And Revo is shite, and their staff are cunts. </personalstatement>

TheCream

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2016, 06:43:10 PM »

I have not heard a lot of good about REVO, so I hope it's not a REVO tune. I do believe there is a REVO dealer at Bahn Brenner Motorsports in Bend, so if the car isn't APR tuned, I can stop there. Software improvements of any sort are always a win win. No hard feelings, I understood it could happen, but like I said, it didn't click right away that maybe it was protected. Oh well. I was just looking to see if I could fix it myself without flashing a stock file.

As I understand it, even if I flash a clean 95040 file, the tune is still going to recognize something isn't right and block it straight away.
The car runs and drives. It's just slower than a 25 year old Daihatsu. lol. Thanks for your replies.
Now I just hope my paycheck is decent this pay period, so I can make the trip. 2 1/2 hours to the nearest tuner and them not being able to fix my shiz is not my idea of fun, so I'm hoping I can sell some of my old projects(scooter, chevy parts), so I can afford a tune while i'm there if they won't revert it for free.

All I really need to go stage 2(+) is a 4 bar FPR (and bigger injectors(2+)). Unitronic puts out the biggest numbers, but I think APR is the most reliable.

I'm currently running CAI, Forge TIP, full 3" catless turboback exhaust, TurboXS(or VF Engineering) diverter valve(I have 2), Neuspeed FMIC, among a few other things here and there. 
BlitzBoy

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2017, 11:04:49 AM »

I have a UK EURO car, just tried to read it, got the same message as the OP the ECU is a C Box
KWP1281 connect info: 8D0907551C  2.7l V6/5VT

Successfully changed to new communication timings.
Requesting security access.
Security access granted.
Negotiating communication timings.
Successfully changed to new communication timings.
Requesting security access.
Security access granted.
Validating flash memory starts at 0x00800000 and ends at 0x00900000.
Validation failed, ECU reports RequestUpload service is not supported. RequestUpload may have been disabled by aftermarket engine software.
Memory layout validation failed.
Starting to read data block.
Requesting upload from ECU for address range 0x00800000 to 0x00803FFF.
Request upload from ECU failed, ECU reports service is not supported. Request upload may have been disabled by aftermarket engine software.
Reading ECU flash memory failed. Trying to force ECU to recognize read operation is complete.
Finished forcing ECU to recognize that failed read operation is complete.
Reading ECU flash memory failed.
100% complete.

This using a generic e bay cable, so I assume it has a revo map, as they are common in the UK, the car is stock, seems to have got a KN panel fllter, the car runs rich, its not that quick and the car has only dynoed at 205 bhp at the fly, used torque OBD to see if any engine errors, there are none, have replaced divertor valves,air flow mass sensor, plugs, checked for leaks none, no errors on the lamdas or EGTS, all ok. So I am assuming its the aftermarket map? maybe some mods have been made in the past and then removed without changing the map.

What do you guys think? shall I try to reflash in boot mode with an M box stock file? link to how to flash in boot mode in this forum?, can't see the wood for the trees lol
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 11:06:55 AM by BlitzBoy » Logged
_nameless

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2017, 11:49:20 AM »

Mpps v12/13 is not too good for me7.1 for port flashing. Boot mode fine. I had a 2l 8v mk4 engine code bbw me7.1.1 and I had to patch the read. Every time you'd write it back (port flash or bootmode) it would brick.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2017, 11:57:31 AM »

What do you guys think? shall I try to reflash in boot mode with an M box stock file? link to how to flash in boot mode in this forum?, can't see the wood for the trees lol

https://s4wiki.com/wiki/Boot_mode

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
BlitzBoy

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2017, 04:27:36 PM »

Thanks for that Smiley , have ordered the Galletto 1260 cable. Couple more questions

1) To confirm pin 62 is the ignition pin, I can connect a simple switch to simulate switching on ignition when ECU on the bench?

2) So if I read the revo map file off the ECU ok, would I be able to look at the file using Tuner Pro?, or shall I not bother and just reflash in boot mode the M Box Stock file using that as a good starting point to self tune?

« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 05:02:12 PM by BlitzBoy » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2017, 08:40:10 PM »

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=417.0title=

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: