Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
Author Topic: How to enable premium features in the NefMoto software  (Read 64649 times)
QuickS4

« Reply #105 on: June 14, 2018, 12:33:35 PM »

Sure it does.  Ive enable the premium features (along with other things) for myself.
What other features and how? I've already got premium.  But I'm curious. 

Thanks SB_GLI!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #106 on: June 14, 2018, 01:05:06 PM »

I've been meaning to fork it and restart the devel, removing the licensing stuff completely.

Got a new jerb so I'm short on extra time though.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
dragon187

« Reply #107 on: June 14, 2018, 01:59:26 PM »

I will be happy if someone can help me, I do not understand how to do this  Cry
prj

« Reply #108 on: June 15, 2018, 02:13:29 AM »

You mean "do it for you"? Wink
SB_GLI

« Reply #109 on: June 15, 2018, 06:15:05 AM »

What other features and how? I've already got premium.  But I'm curious. 

Thanks SB_GLI!

Other custom features that I coded in for myself.
QuickS4

« Reply #110 on: June 15, 2018, 07:05:44 AM »

Other custom features that I coded in for myself.
Right... We got that part from your previous message.  My question was what else you've enabled and how you went about doing it.

See the reason for my question is because this site was created to educate each other, not without hold information. Yet when it comes to in depth ECU work or like here where enabling premium features which are a standard when you purchase a license, can't be shared because the select few on this site choose to keep helpful information to themselves. Bravo guys, bravo.

What I'm saying is, why not create a write-up that helps other people learn how you've come to recognize what to look for to enabling fast write features. So they can understand the inner workings of nefmoto and therefore can create they're on "custom" features they want without you having to give out your miraculous ideas. 

It's not doing it for them as prj put it.  However it is about teaching and enabling others to continue to grow and learn more. 

I personally don't know how and it doesn't matter as I've paid for my license long before this, but out of curiosity to learn more, I was interested in what to look for and also work with keil.  As most of us on here are to learn just the same.  Many thanks to Tony who created such a tool and now again has given us the source to create all kinds of awesomeness.

prj

« Reply #111 on: June 15, 2018, 07:40:13 AM »

Dude, just load the source, remove the license check, recompile and you're done.

If you know anything about code this is trivial.

If you don't know how to code then go and get some higher education in CS, it's not this forums job to do it for you nor is it a coding forum, it's an automotive forum.

Some people... sheesh.
QuickS4

« Reply #112 on: June 15, 2018, 08:00:49 AM »

Dude, just load the source, remove the license check, recompile and you're done.

If you know anything about code this is trivial.

If you don't know how to code then go and get some higher education in CS, it's not this forums job to do it for you nor is it a coding forum, it's an automotive forum.

Some people... sheesh.

1. Never asked you to do it for anyone. Much less for me. I said a write-up on how it's done so others can learn it.

2. I don't know much on code, hence why I mentioned it. And nothing on open source.  If it's so trival, then why make a big deal about it. Oh that's right, just easier to batter. If you don't like being called out, tough.

3. This forum is here for the purpose of learning and teaching about ECU work, wether it's tuning or programming, that is why we're all here, isn't it? Or is it just your place to show off and then not really help. Hm.  Again, never asked to have it done for me. 

I agree, some CS research would be helpful. 

And don't be upset at me for pointing this all out. It's been clear for a long time and noticed by all members who've read through the threads and see how others react and treat each other.  I'm merely pointing it out.  I'm here to help where I can, not keep secrets or turn ppl away because I'm smarter and have more knowledge on something and don't feel like assisting them in learning more.

If I knew how to do it, I wouldn't have bothered with you, I would've simply put it out there for others to learn on.

The lost art of being humble and kind, some people sheesh!

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #113 on: June 15, 2018, 08:49:11 AM »

SB is nothing like prj; you're way off target. Let alone Tony.

There is absolutely nothing secretive about the nefmoto software; it now literally is all there on github. It took me quite some time to convince tony to release the source (there were actually other real reasons why doing so was problematic, not the standard "I can't give things away to noobs" attitude).

If you don't have a background in software dev, it is extremely hard to explain why some projects are harder to build than others, but trust me, it is NEVER because somebody is trying to keep something secret or because they're elitist.

It is because writing good documentation is a ton of work, even when the target audience is experienced devs.

If you expect somebody to just do all of that work for nothing, then complain when they don't, you're simply not seeing the big picture.

It took me 10+ years to compile the basics of the s4wiki tuning page. I never took a dime from anyone, nor did I play the glass bead info trading game which would have prevented me from publishing things I had promised to keep secret in order to learn them. I could easily complain that is because of the toxic nature of the tuner industry, but that would be vastly simplifying the point; the bigger issue is that for some, that is their bread and butter, and they do jealously guard everything they learn because that is part and parcel of their business model. The arrogance and condescension comes from that.

But never confuse that with the frustration expressed by somebody who just doesn't have time to explain something to somebody who has literally zero experience in either tuning OR software development. It is a daunting amount of work, and tiring to post the same explanation over and over and over and over again.

BTW this not the first time i've posted an explanation like the above. It pains me to have to do it yet again for the umpteenth time. Now that you know, feel free to help me and post the same information when the next guy complains about stuff ;P
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 08:53:52 AM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
SB_GLI

« Reply #114 on: June 15, 2018, 12:01:00 PM »

Thanks nyet.  I never meant my post to come off as arrogant.   I thought I described what needed to be done was enough.

Simply stated, there are already buttons on the form which will allow you to fast write / diff write...whatever you want to call it.  They are disabled if a license isn't present.  All you have to do is modify the code that says

diffWrite.Enabled = hasLicense;
to
diffWrite.Enabled = true;

Anything more than that, and I would have to explain how to develop a .Net application.
SB_GLI

« Reply #115 on: June 15, 2018, 12:02:07 PM »

In case anyone was wondering where the source repo was:

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=12861.0title=

this thread is a sticky in this very subforum.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #116 on: June 15, 2018, 12:28:16 PM »

SB: if you have time, can you make a build with free premium? Tony has pretty much given us the ok to do so.

I would do it myself but as I mentioned before I'm swamped with a new job.

Next on my list would definitely be to fix the baud rate changing issues.

ECUx Plot

SB_GLI

« Reply #117 on: June 15, 2018, 12:36:23 PM »

Yes, I can do that.   Might be a couple of days until I get time to do it.  I work and stuff too.  Tongue

The open sourced version already has the baud rate issue fixed
QuickS4

« Reply #118 on: June 15, 2018, 12:46:15 PM »

Thanks nyet.  I never meant my post to come off as arrogant.   I thought I described what needed to be done was enough.

Simply stated, there are already buttons on the form which will allow you to fast write / diff write...whatever you want to call it.  They are disabled if a license isn't present.  All you have to do is modify the code that says

diffWrite.Enabled = hasLicense;
to
diffWrite.Enabled = true;

Anything more than that, and I would have to explain how to develop a .Net application.

Thanks SB_GLI.  Same here, didn't meant to come  off rude.  Thank you for providing this.  Truly a scholar.

Regardless of what I've said previously, I do appreciate all that you've contributed here.

prj

« Reply #119 on: June 15, 2018, 01:12:13 PM »

Thanks SB_GLI.  Same here, didn't meant to come  off rude.  Thank you for providing this.  Truly a scholar.

Regardless of what I've said previously, I do appreciate all that you've contributed here.

It's totally useless for you, because anyone who understands ANYTHING about coding or knows enough to hit build in VS can find this in a few seconds.
Hence why no one pointed it out to you, because it's THAT trivial. It's pretty much as trivial as VAG EDC16 DPF OFF from a tuning perspective.

Or from a human perspective - it's like asking someone to chew your food for you cause you can't be arsed. Yes, that's how trivial it is.

P.S.
Bitching at me not spoonfeeding your ass is not going to get you anywhere - I contribute more than 90% of the people on here. When I can.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 01:16:48 PM by prj » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  

Jump to: