Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Immo3 basic help  (Read 6746 times)
golfputtputt

« on: January 22, 2016, 10:23:46 PM »

I've read a bunch of different resources on adapting and SKC's and coding and clusters and yadayada.

This resource seems to be the most concise and complete for me to follow but like all the rest of the resources, it outlines matching a new cluster to an ECU.
I need to match an ECU to the current cluster that I have so I'm not sure what steps should be skipped and what steps apply to what I need to do.
Help, I really do not want to fuck this up and lock myself out of my ecu.

A simple rundown of how to swap an ECU with immo3 would be exactly what I need.

http://uk-mkivs.net/topic/61287-cluster-swap-immo3-to-immo3/

Background:
I have VCDS, VAGtacho, the necessary cables for each, the spare ECU of the same type and a bench flashing harness if needed.

mk4 GTI 1.8t AWP HS box
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 10:27:06 PM by golfputtputt » Logged
k0mpresd

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 10:39:31 PM »

i really dont understand posts like this. nothing against you, just in general.
how do you have all these tools and done all this reading and this and that.
when all you have to do is go to the rosstech website, the factory support site for the vcds tool, and find an in detail step by step to do exactly what youre asking about.

is that not the first idea? to contact the tool maker for support?
how did you make it here and never make it there? lol. i guess is what im saying.

immo3 ecu adapting: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Immobilizer_III_ECU_Swapping
adam-

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 12:36:19 PM »

Because none of these tools are genuine, I'd say.  That's how most of us are here.

Ross-tech for first port of call. I coded in a new ECU the other day and it literally went smooth as butter, had no issues.  Followed Ross-tech.
golfputtputt

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 02:47:42 PM »

Nah, i actually did invest a pretty penny in a genuine vcds dongle. Tbh, there are too many resources to keep track of what to go to first. Ross tech, nefmoto, vwvortex, google, 2000 page bentley manual, volkswagen themselves! Its incredibly overwhelming to keep track of who to go to first and whos opinion to trust. Theres no rule of thumb, especially when you have a modified car and things go out of oem spectrum. Also, I've called VCDS recently and they are discontinuing their hotline for direct help soon, which means more forum (their forum will be their only help resource) info to scour through which can be very ambiguous sometimes.

Ill check that out but i recall when i first took a stab at this when i got the spare ecu, i went to ross tech first and tried that technique and it did not work. Let me confirm...

Edit: looked at the link...wtf, i looked through vcds and found info for adapting keys to ecu but it wasnt that! I think i was following something different. Thats why it wouldnt work. I dont know, it was a long time ago that i tried this. Ill give it another go when it stops snowing.

Thank you, i appreciate the help. Sometimes (alot of the time) i just need people to point me in the proper direction. Sometimes i read something and it takes a bit for me to understand that what i read pertains to how to do what i'm trying to do :/
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 06:10:54 PM by golfputtputt » Logged
adam-

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 02:51:13 AM »

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Immobilizer_III_ECU_Swapping

Engine Control Unit (ECU) Swapping (USED ECU)

Prerequisites:
The REPLACEMENT (USED) ECU is installed in the car.
Battery voltage at least 12.5 V.
All relevant coding and adaptation values have been transferred from the ORIGINAL (OLD) ECU to the REPLACEMENT (USED) ECU.
Make sure to have BOTH PIN's, from the ORIGINAL (OLD) and the REPLACEMENT (USED) ECU.
Make sure to have the Radio Code (for factory radios only).

[Select]
[01 - Engine]
[Login - 11]
For the following procedure, use the PIN of the REPLACEMENT (USED) ECU.
4-digit PIN
The PIN needs to be entered as 5-digit number in the New Value box. For example, if your PIN is 1234, enter 01234.
[Do it!]

[Adaptation - 10]
Enter 050 in "Channel Number".
[Read]
For the following procedure, use the PIN of the ORIGINAL (OLD) ECU.
4-digit PIN
The PIN needs to be entered as 5-digit number. For example, if your PIN is 1234, enter 01234.
[Test]
The values may change to "32000", this is normal
[Save]
[Done, Go Back]
[Close Controller, Go Back - 06]

Switch OFF the ignition and let the car sit for ~1 minute, then switch ON the ignition again.
Verify that the REPLACEMENT (USED) ECU now shows the VIN and if supported IMMO-ID of the vehicle now.
Verify that the REPLACEMENT (USED) ECU has the same Coding as the original unit, or code it from scratch using the repair manual or coding chart in VCDS when applicable.
golfputtputt

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 06:25:35 PM »

I have no god damn idea what the fuck I did to my ecu when I was messing around with it before (about 3 months ago). I remember entering the new PIN to the used ECU at that time and it accepted it but the immo still shut the car down. Now, when I read PIN's off both ecu's using vagtacho, both pins are the same!
?!?!? Why does the immo still shut the car down if both PIN's are the same?

I try and follow the steps on vcds and re-enter the pin in adaptation-10 after entering 050 and I get an error!

I try Login-11 and I get code not accepted by controller. Even though the used replacement ecu reads the pin that i'm entering when Vagtacho reads it.

What the hell is going on? 01-Engine does not show the car's proper VIN or immo ID either!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 06:29:46 PM by golfputtputt » Logged
k0mpresd

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2016, 06:35:29 PM »

im betting youre reading the pin from the cluster. which is what vagtacho does.
golfputtputt

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2016, 06:48:20 PM »

Prob. That would explain connecting to VDO new in vagtacho (even though it says connect to ecu in the fucking drop down menu) VDO does not make my ecu, bosch does.
So how do i read the actual fucking pin?
k0mpresd

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2016, 06:58:15 PM »

i know. fucking makes no sense. especially considering the fucking cluster is made by vdo and the fucking ecu is fucking bosch.
fucking confusing.
id probably start by doing some more fucking reading.
golfputtputt

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2016, 07:22:30 PM »

lol
mkxGTi

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2016, 11:28:51 PM »

Maybe get another clone tool Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: