Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DSG Read (again)  (Read 12610 times)
balders

« on: February 02, 2016, 11:30:50 AM »

Hi Gents

I wonder if you can help me please?

I have two DSG DQ250 ECUs sitting in front of me and i need to reflash the firmware from one to other.
Done the normal searches but still struggling. Ok Found EDBO1300 (DSG read ) in the forum however i can't seem to get the softare to work with any of my many cables :/

I do have the correct loom and can communicate as I can connect directly with VCDS or Nefmoto (controller address two).

I know what other tuning packages can and can't do it, however i was hoping someone could possibly help with DSGread software.
Or alternuivtly is there any chance a new memory layout can be used to read the flash with Nefmoto software as it connects ok?

everydayparadise

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 01:33:54 PM »

Not all cables work with this software. I have this cable and it was able to read my Cxx DQ250
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VAG-COM-KKL-409-1-OBD-2-USB-Connector-Cable-Auto-Scanner-Scan-Tool-for-Audi-VW-/271433798309?hash=item3f32b712a5:g:AUAAAOSw0HVWEiHv&item=271433798309&vxp=mtr

No i was able to read over OBDII with this cable and software and also with a special harness I made that connects directly with the connector on the tranny. http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=358.msg61343#msg61343

The bummer part is that it won't write. For that you will need another tool.
balders

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 11:56:18 AM »

Thank you for the prompt reply, its much appericated.
I've given up on the EOBD1300 software as there is little point ordering another cable without being able to write back to TCU.
Therefore I have ordered 'MINI DSG reader' as this seems to be the cheapest solution I can find.
I'll let you know how i get on.

Balders
everydayparadise

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 08:56:15 PM »

Thank you for the prompt reply, its much appericated.
I've given up on the EOBD1300 software as there is little point ordering another cable without being able to write back to TCU.
Therefore I have ordered 'MINI DSG reader' as this seems to be the cheapest solution I can find.
I'll let you know how i get on.

Balders

I just had a chat with another member and it's suggested that you should be able to write over OBDII. Thou I have not tested this.

It has been months since I did my last testing, but all of it was with my my pigtail tool that I made when I tested the writing.  I didn't test writing over OBDII, but did test reading over OBDII and that worked. I haven't done much modification with any of the DSG files I have yet.

If it is the case that youcan write over OBDII then maybe it is because the CAN controller is absent when I'm hooked up directly.IDK Huh

Ultimately I'm just trying to enable launch control on my 06 A3 with the Cxx DSG, since it didn't come with it enabled. I also have a file from a GTI with Cxx DSG that has LC enabled. I was planning on digging in to the differences, but since I couldn't even re-write the original file I felt that it was a bit of a wast of time in till I had a more reliable way to write to the Trans.
balders

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 07:39:45 AM »

Very interesting, thanks for taking the time to post.

I have heard it's possible. So good to hear you got it working.
I've got the correct loom which plugs straight into the TCU.
After your post I started trying the above software again but still having problems,
The software detects all 6 cables I've tried, but I either get a general I/0 error or timeout.
I'm reluctant to buy another cable as kindly posted above on the off chance.

Has anybody got any other software or solutions that's not going to cost me small fortune?
I'm waiting for the 'mini dsg reader' to be delivered but I'm inpatient.... As I believe the DSG fault I've got a is mechanical but I've fixed a few of these boxes just swapping the controllers out (with correct part no. And firmware).

As nefmoto can connect is there a way of getting it read and write?

Best regards
Balders

balders

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2016, 08:10:11 AM »

Thanks for posting the bin files  Kiss

I've currently got four controllers all with different firmware versions.
Once I can read them I'll post all org versions I have on here.

I did get into modifying/remapping myself (with lots of help from here!). However I found it very time consuming therefore, I tend to use a tuner I know. I'll ask him to have a look at your request. But I'll PM you the modified bin If successful As there seems to be lots of snatchers on here who don't help or don't even say thanks for the files!

We're are you based if you don't mind me asking? I live in Sussex UK.

Balders

k0mpresd

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 09:06:41 AM »

patching to enable LC in dsg is more than a handful of bytes.
balders

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2016, 09:29:14 AM »

Thanks k0mpressed worth knowing.
IamwhoIam

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2016, 09:31:30 AM »

Most DSGs I've seen with LC disabled, it was only 2 bytes and job done.

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
k0mpresd

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2016, 10:45:38 AM »

maybe i just make it more complicated then but lots of 1x1 are changed.
everydayparadise

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2016, 11:13:24 AM »

Could it also be the firmware version and software version diff?

I remember a while back that the 06-07 GTI's you could have the dealer enable LC on the DSG cars, on the same model year A3's you could even when you follow the same procedure.
balders

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2016, 09:18:02 AM »

Ok thought I post an update with my findings / experience.

I gave up on DSGread and bought MiniDSG reader.
I can confirm I've successfully read and flashed three DQ250 controllers.
These ECUs were the older type MPC i believe (black cover).

I've also been able to read the DQ250 'F' ECU which is possibly tricore. (White cover)
I've not tried to write to this controller yet but it should be noted the file size is larger on this type.

I will post all 4 org files I've read.

Now I've got another question.... Has anybody successfully ported the old firmware to the newer F type version. Basically I'd like to use a tricoteuse version in a 2005 a3 but can't, u get loads of DTCs as the controller firmware is too new for the 2005 Car. Hope that made sense?
I have susseccfully swapped the older versions around.
everydayparadise

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2016, 01:12:46 PM »

I'm going out on limb and going to say that the Cxx and Fxx files are not compatible. With the file compares that I have done they are just too different.

Thou that said it might be that you can swap files around from different Cxx but I have not tested. If you have the time and are brave enough let us know what you find out. I have a few Cxx files from a few VW's and Audi's if you want to play with them.

All at your own risk.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: