Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Flashing/tuning Porsche TipTronic TCU?  (Read 6453 times)
nitrorocket

« on: February 04, 2016, 07:19:45 PM »

Can anyone guide me in the right direction, I am wondering what software is needed to tune and flash the Porsche 996TT and 997TT tcu. I  want to retrofit this tcu and need to be able to adjust shift points, lockup, and shift speed.

Can this be done using my Kess or Ktag? Anyone know how? I believe they are Siemens.
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 10:58:27 PM »

Can anyone guide me in the right direction, I am wondering what software is needed to tune and flash the Porsche 996TT and 997TT tcu. I  want to retrofit this tcu and need to be able to adjust shift points, lockup, and shift speed.

Can this be done using my Kess or Ktag? Anyone know how? I believe they are Siemens.

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=453.0

Send me the binaries.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
RS-MAD

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 05:33:50 AM »

Its soldering job as I know.
ddillenger

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 12:08:09 PM »

Its soldering job as I know.

I just BDM'd a BMW, and a boxster unit today. under 30 seconds each. All the details are in that link Smiley

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
mister t

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 10:54:14 PM »

I just BDM'd a BMW, and a boxster unit today. under 30 seconds each. All the details are in that link Smiley

As someone with a 2005 B6 S4 6HP that can't be reflashed, I hate you guys lol....

Great work though DDillinger  Smiley  

Glad to see talent from the forum coming up with solutions for transmissions.

I ran across a good source of info for the 6HP functions. http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?47441-ZF-6HP26-TCM-Now-Supported-in-2-25-Beta/

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?40-Ford-Tuning-Transmission

Good Lord I wish that I could get my hands on something like their product for my tip tranny... Although I'm pretty happy with where I have it by way of ECU tuning, I think that a TCU tuning suite would make it a totally different vehicle. 

They had some really useful screenshots which outline what the .bin information means in practical terms.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 10:58:24 PM by mister t » Logged
ddillenger

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2016, 11:23:18 PM »

As someone with a 2005 B6 S4 6HP that can't be reflashed, I hate you guys lol....

Great work though DDillinger  Smiley  

Glad to see talent from the forum coming up with solutions for transmissions.

I ran across a good source of info for the 6HP functions. http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?47441-ZF-6HP26-TCM-Now-Supported-in-2-25-Beta/

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?40-Ford-Tuning-Transmission

Good Lord I wish that I could get my hands on something like their product for my tip tranny... Although I'm pretty happy with where I have it by way of ECU tuning, I think that a TCU tuning suite would make it a totally different vehicle. 

They had some really useful screenshots which outline what the .bin information means in practical terms.

I have a 6hp in my range rover.

I'm just saying it can be flashed Smiley

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
k0mpresd

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2016, 11:30:59 PM »

never tested. but  Smiley.
mister t

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2016, 11:10:53 PM »

I've always been under the impression that the 2004-2005 6HP transmissions (non CAN-bus) couldn't be reflashed short of replacing the Mechatronic unit itself.
ddillenger

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2016, 05:31:12 PM »

To be fair, mine is a 2006.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
mister t

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2016, 08:42:12 PM »

To be fair, mine is a 2006.

Yeah, I know Sad

Even if there WAS a way to reflash it by dropping the pan and pulling the Mech unit out , I would need a file that was ready to go right out of the box.

Given the zillion revisions I made to my V6 and V8 tunes, it would be a nightmare if I had to keep pulling the pan off to get the TCU tune dialed in.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: