Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: EDC15/16 Funktionsrahmen  (Read 60499 times)
lulu2003

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2011, 01:54:10 PM »

Hi cam.

Thanks for that. I'm interested in diesel remapping (theoretically at least). I would like to remap our Toyota D4-D 116 PS but the Denso ECU has a high level of rolling encryption (so I'm led to believe) thus a physical kit is needed, worse luck.

Doug

are you sure about that encryption?
at least the denso ecu of subaru boxer diesel with 110kw seems to be quite straight forward and similar to bosch edc16 ecus.
TTQS
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2011, 04:35:12 AM »

are you sure about that encryption?
at least the denso ecu of subaru boxer diesel with 110kw seems to be quite straight forward and similar to bosch edc16 ecus.

No, I'm not sure, I'm just quoting from a guy who works for the people in the link below coupled with the fact that nobody anywhere offers Toyota D4D software remaps. Instead, hardware kits are sold which intercept the fuelling and alter it (I think). Result is 116 bhp to 139 bhp and 207 lbft to about 250 lbft for my engine so worth having, I guess but my wife isn't bothered!

http://www.lindoptoyota.co.uk/component/content/article/67.html

I suspect it is true for the following reason: Toyota make extremely durable and reliable cars and are almost certain to not want anyone to affect that by altering the ECU parameters, so have specified a high level of encryption from Denso. However, Subarus are very popular cars for tuning on the aftermarket and I'm sure that Fuji Heavy Industries are very keen to capitalise on the cult status of Subaru Imprezas, etc. from all that WRC success by making their cars easy to modify/tune/remap  Wink

TTQS
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 02:35:16 AM by TTQS » Logged
mtx-electronics

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2011, 09:51:14 AM »

I don't know much about the Denso ecu's mounted on Toyota but Denso's mounted on Mazda use RSA for protection when read by OBD.
TTQS
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2011, 12:33:03 PM »

I don't know much about the Denso ecu's mounted on Toyota but Denso's mounted on Mazda use RSA for protection when read by OBD.

I'm an IT layman. What's RSA?

Does that mean that generally, encryption is only applied when the ECU code is read over OBDII? I.e. if you flash off the code in boot mode (if possible on the Denso ECUs) then the encryption will be 'bypassed'?

TTQS
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 02:35:26 AM by TTQS » Logged
Gonzo

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2011, 02:14:35 PM »

I'm an IT layman. What's RSA?

Does that mean that generally, encryption is only applied when the ECU code is read over OBDII? I.e. if you flash off the code in boot mode (if possible on the Denso ECUs) then the encryption will be 'bypassed'?

Doug
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSA

Flashing with boot mode would not require having the RSA keys to flash. If there is any checking of integrity of image by the ECU (checksums or digital signature) then you still need to fix that.

That's how everyone is doing MED17 now.
mtx-electronics

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2011, 06:18:45 AM »

In the case of Denso ecu's used on Mazda the cpu is a Renesas SH7058 and looking at the datasheet I haven't seen anything about internal encryption so I believe that RSA is applied when working over OBD. The cpu has 4 default modes for flash access described in the datasheet and non seem to talk about encryption:

- Boot mode
- User Program Mode
- User Boot Mode
- Programmer Mode

On my spare time I have done some tests on this ecu to try and read flash content and added hardware support on my current work in progress hand held programmer. I'm currently waiting to receive the PCB I sent out for printing.

I've attached a picture of the boot mode connections necessary for interfacing to the ecu.
cam

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2011, 02:07:05 PM »

Yes, Diesel remap is very simple

Can you post the EDC16 translation please?  I think I have found most of it.

Rick

OLS for EDC16 in first post is not good not right address!

Basic fueling in EDC16

For basic tune-up you need modify following:

Driver wish = x.Gang (voreilendes) Zugwunschmoment aus Motor-Drehzahl und AccPed_rChkdVal (resp. APPCD_rAPP1UnFlt) (AccPed_trqEngx_GMAP)
Driver wish = Gruppenkennfeld für AWD (AccPed_trqEng0_GMAP)

Smoke map = Rauchkennfeld (FlMng_qAFSCDSmoke_MAP)
Torque map = Motorschutz Mengenbegrenzung durch Atmosphärendruck (EngPrt_qLimP_MAP)

Function of injection quantity is driver wish -> torque map -> smoke map -> engine

Smoke map depends on mass air flow sensor (MAF).
Torque map depends on atmosphere pressure.

Don't forget to add correspond amount of air! Otherwise black smoke will go from exhaust.

Turbo pressure modify:

Turbo pressure demand = Kennfeld für die Grundwertbestimmung des Ladedruckbasissollwerts (PCR_pBDesBas_MAP)
Turbo pressure limiter = Größter erlaubter Ladedrucksollwert in Abhängigkeit vom Luftdruck (PCR_pBDesMaxAP_MAP)
Turbo pressure single limiter = Größter erlaubter Ladedrucksollwert (PCR_pBDesMax_C)

Function is demand -> limiter -> single limiter

Cadillac Escalade Platinum ESV 6.2 V8
Audi S4 B5 2.7 BITURBO AZB
Audi TTQ 225HP APX (GTX3076R, 875cc, Integrated Engineering intake manifold, TIAL WG, TIAL BOV) sold
Audi Q7 4.2TDI V8 sold
Yamaha YZF-R1, KAWASAKI GTR1400
WinOLS, EVC OLS300 online emulator, EVC BDM, EVC BSL, Autotuner, CMD, Galletto official, Innovate LC-1, 2wd dyno, EVC dealer
cam

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2011, 02:16:48 PM »

Hi cam.

Thanks for that. I'm interested in diesel remapping (theoretically at least). I would like to remap our Toyota D4-D 116 PS but the Denso ECU has a high level of rolling encryption (so I'm led to believe) thus a physical kit is needed, worse luck.

Doug

Hi,
Denso ecu is very different from others, but reading and writing (and encryption while process) possibilities is depends on tool which you use. Some ecus have 29F400 flash memory but newest are still difficult to read/write and just few tools can do that. Remapping is not too difficult (few maps for basic working remap).

Audi TTQ 225HP APX (GTX3076R, 875cc, Integrated Engineering intake manifold, TIAL WG, TIAL BOV) sold
Audi Q7 4.2TDI V8 sold
WinOLS, EVC OLS300 online emulator, EVC BDM, EVC BSL, Autotuner, CMD, Galletto official, Innovate LC-1, 2wd dyno, EVC dealer
cam

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2011, 02:23:43 PM »

I can make tutorial for EDC15 and EDC16 ecu remaps if is interesting Smiley
Please tell me if you interested and i will make that with example files Smiley

Audi Q7 4.2TDI V8 sold
vwaudiguy

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2011, 09:57:41 PM »

Very interested, cam.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
TTQS
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2011, 01:41:30 AM »

Reasonable guides on EC15 & EDC16 tuning can be found here:

http://www.ecuconnections.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=867

TTQS
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 02:35:50 AM by TTQS » Logged
cam

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2011, 03:54:49 AM »

For basic dependencies good Smiley

Still making examples - not many free time now Sad

Audi Q7 4.2TDI V8 sold
TTQS
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2011, 01:05:56 PM »

Hi cam.

I would be interested in an EDC tutorial with examples. Timescales aren't a problem because I won't have much time to study it until early next year. I would rather you took your time and produced a clear guide than knock something rough and ready out.

Regards.

Doug
MyTunes

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2011, 02:03:43 PM »

Hi Cam,
Also interested in an EDC16guide.

Thanks
lulu2003

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2011, 07:12:59 AM »

Basic fueling in EDC16
[...]
Torque map depends on atmosphere pressure.
[...]

this is not quite right.
most important TL are rpm based.
There is also an athmospheric correction map that delivers percent of max allows, but this can and should be untouched IMO.
Also you show think about reducing EGR and/or SOI or raise Railpressure in order to not extending the burning time to much after.
But this depends on overall injection time and amount of tuning.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: