Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What's coming in the next versions of the NefMoto software  (Read 16856 times)
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« on: September 17, 2011, 03:42:19 PM »

This is the current plan for the next versions of the NefMoto software.

Future releases:
1.9.2.x
-Communication bug fixes for ME7.5
-More reliable file format for saving ECU info
-New premium file license format (invisible the to the user)

Future unscheduled improvements:
-Boot mode flashing.
-Serial eeprom reading and writing.
-Immobilizer defeat.
-Faster version of the data logger.
-Gauges and graphs for data logger.
-Map tracing using values from the RAM based data logger.
-Support for flashing other control modules besides the ECU.
-Support other OBD cable types such as ELM and serial.

Current Releases:
1.9.1.x
-Support for Windows XP SP2 and later
-Nicer user interface for ECU info and DTCs
1.9.0.x
-First release of the RAM based data logger
-Initial boot mode support allowing connecting to ECUs
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 03:06:20 PM by Tony@NefMoto » Logged

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
vwaudiguy

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 10:10:38 PM »

To say the future looks bright would be an understatement. Thanks for all your hard work, Tony!

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 01:32:32 PM »

Impressive as usual, Tony. Thanks for all your hard work.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
tnel20

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 04:09:51 PM »

-Support for flashing other control modules besides the ECU.

Would love to see this as i need to mod a tcu i have

Thanks for the hard work
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 06:35:04 PM by Tony@NefMoto » Logged
robin

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 06:14:22 AM »

Map tracing would be so awesome Smiley
smeege

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 07:24:21 PM »

Nefmoto: It only does everything!

Nice work Tony!
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 09:38:34 PM »

Awesome Tony!

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
TTQS
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 07:28:37 AM »

Hi Tony.

It does indeed look like some exciting developments are on the horizon...

I'm interested in the RAM-based data logger. Please would you summarise in a few sentences what this is, for non-IT types like me.

Do I understand it correctly that it is a facility that allows users to log any variable in the ECU, e.g. if I wanted to track the output of LDRXN, I would enter the Hex address for that, e.g. 1F378 in my ECU, or is it not as simple as that?

If not, could you explain how I would go about identifying the RAM address for a funktionsrahmen variable.

If I've got this completely wrong, I apologise in advance.

Doug
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 12:28:56 PM »

Do I understand it correctly that it is a facility that allows users to log any variable in the ECU

Not to take away from Tony's efforts, but Setzi's logger already does this, and is infinitely customizable. The other features are exciting though (map tracing, gui, live display, etc).

e.g. if I wanted to track the output of LDRXN, I would enter the Hex address for that, e.g. 1F378 in my ECU, or is it not as simple as that?

You'd just log the ROM map value at that location, which is (obviously) useless.

If not, could you explain how I would go about identifying the RAM address for a funktionsrahmen variable.

Disassembly.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
TTQS
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 01:07:16 PM »

O.k., so since I don't even know what disassembly really means, let alone be able to do it, I won't be able to identify memory addresses for funktionsrahmen variable so a RAM-based ECU logger facility is not going to be any use to me whatsoever. It sounds impressive though.

Is there a 'user manual' of sorts explaining the features, or is it the case that if I have to ask in the first place, then I clearly won't be able to use them? Wink

I.e., is this flashing software for IT geeks only...?  Grin

Doug
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2011, 01:20:57 PM »

O.k., so since I don't even know what disassembly really means, let alone be able to do it, I won't be able to identify memory addresses for funktionsrahmen variable so a RAM-based ECU logger facility is not going to be any use to me whatsoever.

Setzi's logger knows most of the stuff you care about - already far more than ECUx ever did. And if you want other locations, there are many people here who can find them for you (including setzi himself and tony). Pretty much every request i've made got a response in less than 24 hours Smiley NEFMOTO ROCKS!

Personally, I am hoping tony will give me a tutorial on disassembly (I already have lots of assembler experience, so I'm hoping the process will be painless), so perhaps I can assist at some point.

Is there a 'user manual' of sorts explaining the features, or is it the case that if I have to ask in the first place, then I clearly won't be able to use them? Wink

there are several "setzi's logger" threads around. I guess somebody should write up a FAQ/noob guide for the wiki at some point.

ECUx Plot

Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2011, 02:11:47 PM »

The NefMoto RAM based data logger will work on the same principle as Setzi's data logger. Both of then data log by reading variables directly from the ECU internal and external RAM. In order to data log a variable you will need to know its memory address and the scale and offsets it uses. In order to find the memory addresses of variable for different ECU types you will need to look at the ECU assembly code, or use an automated tool like the one Setzi has released for his data logger.

The main difference between the NefMoto data logger and Setzi's data logger, is that the NefMoto logger is entirely done in a graphical UI. Everything is point and click and easy to use, and will eventually support fancy graphing and map tracing.

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
phila_dot

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2011, 02:56:19 PM »

there are several "setzi's logger" threads around. I guess somebody should write up a FAQ/noob guide for the wiki at some point.

Isn't that what the README is for?
TTQS
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2011, 08:21:27 AM »

Excellent guys, thanks for that.

I'll get around to downloading Tony's XP update (for obvious reasons, I haven't downloaded and unpacked it so I didn't know there was a README) and I'll take a look at Setzi's logger in due course. Probably Tony's version with a GUI is likely to be more suited to me as a non-IT professional.

Exciting stuff though. Kudos to all developers.

Cheers.

Doug
rob.mwpropane

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2011, 07:50:15 PM »

I'm so glad I'm not the only "non" IT guy on this forum! From all that Tony has laid out, should be an exciting couple of months. I too would love to read a "how to" for Setzi's/Nefmoto logger. I hope i can figure Tony's out better. Gosh, I wish I could be of more help. Thanks to all those making a point to freely share information. At least I'm learning something, and staring at hex isn't so bad after all, lol. I'm f***ing cross eyed, but hey...

Nyet, if you figure out disassembly, and teach us, I'll teach the next guy and so on down the line....

This has nothing to do with cars but you can see my glorifying job at,

www.MWPropane.com
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: