Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 40
Author Topic: Anti-lag launch and no-lift-shift secrets inside  (Read 482236 times)
DJGonzo
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2011, 09:01:42 PM »

Either throttle over 90% or so OR only when RPMs are higher than some rather high value where you are racing for certain. But I think the throttle would be the ticket.
RPM based sounds easier and better IMO.

Set it above 5000RPM. Bam.
Jason

Breaks everything!

« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2011, 09:29:03 PM »

Well, let's think about this a bit - would it be wise to have the flat-shift actually function as a rev limiter itself, to improve gear selection as well by starting to slow the engine down?
DJGonzo
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2011, 09:33:11 PM »

Well, let's think about this a bit - would it be wise to have the flat-shift actually function as a rev limiter itself, to improve gear selection as well by starting to slow the engine down?
Not the function, the trigger...

If RPM = > 5000 then no lift shift on
Otherwise off
Jason

Breaks everything!

« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2011, 09:48:13 PM »

Yep, I get that... 5000 would be too low for me so I'd prefer it to be a scalar obviously. 

Traditionally the systems I've worked with have fueled on schedule (there is a pulse-width parameter you can adjust for anti-lag fueling), but fired the cylinder on the exhaust stroke - this way the exhaust valve is open during combustion and rather than the burning fuel being used to maintain engine speed, it generates tremendous pressure to keep the turbos spooled.  A side effect is that the engine slows to around the expected engagement RPM when everything is dialed in right.

It is really, really hard on turbos when done that way but really really effective.  Smiley
julex

« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2011, 09:51:49 PM »

Otherwise off

I think the throttle trigger would be better or even better BOTH RPMs and throttle. It should be fairly easy to set it up that both have to be true to execute no-ignition routine.

This way you can set it up the way you want:

If you like just throttle, set it up to 90% or whatever and "floor" RPM to 0. It will kick in when clutch pressed at 90%+ throttle regardless of RPMs.

If you like just RPMS, set up throttle to 0% and "floor" RPM to 5k or whatever works for you. Whenever above you cailing RPMs and you press the clutch you will get the fireballs.
Jason

Breaks everything!

« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2011, 10:08:18 PM »

Is it possible to cross-fire cylinders? e.g.

1 fires 6
4 fires 2
3 fires 5
6 fires 1
2 fires 4
5 fires 3

If so, that would produce the best result...

edit:  that would work best for anti-lag - not sure how well it would work for launching - it would probably have to alternate correct/incorrect order for launch control...
DJGonzo
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2011, 10:13:40 PM »

Otherwise off

I think the throttle trigger would be better or even better BOTH RPMs and throttle. It should be fairly easy to set it up that both have to be true to execute no-ignition routine.

This way you can set it up the way you want:

If you like just throttle, set it up to 90% or whatever and "floor" RPM to 0. It will kick in when clutch pressed at 90%+ throttle regardless of RPMs.

If you like just RPMS, set up throttle to 0% and "floor" RPM to 5k or whatever works for you. Whenever above you cailing RPMs and you press the clutch you will get the fireballs.

Well see since I'm not the one that will be doing the coding, I thought of the easiest solution.. I really want to see this ported over to different SW versions first though.

Having both option would be ideal but beggars can't be choosers.
setzi62

« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2011, 10:20:07 AM »

Here is an update together with XDF, using more conditions to control no-lift-shift:
  - Brake NOT engaged, and
  - Engine rpm higher than a selectable threshold, and
  - Accelerator pedal engaged more than a selectable threshold
Releasing the clutch stops immediately the interruption of ignition.

New pseudo code:
Code:
function_antilag_noliftshift()
{
  // Anti-Lag
  if (B_kuppl && vfil_w < SpeedThreshold && nmot_w > LaunchRPM)
  {
    tsrldyn = 0;                // Interrupt ignition
    return;
  }

// No-Lift-Shift
  if (B_kuppl)
  {
    if (! B_brems && nmot_w > RPMThreshold && wped > AccPedalThreshold)
    {
      // NoLiftShift is active
      if (counter_NoLiftShift < IgnitionCutDuration)
      {
        tsrldyn = 0;            // Interrupt ignition
        counter_NoLiftShift++;
      }
    }
    else
    {
      // Other conditions not true, don't allow ignition interruption
      // until clutch is released and pressed again
      counter_NoLiftShift = 0xFFFF;
    }
  }
  else
  {
    // Clutch released -> re-arm NLS
    counter_NoLiftShift = 0;
  }
}

Sounds like killing some parts when you see fireballs ... Maybe you need to tune the
IgnitionCutDuration to a reasonable value, in the file are only some default values.
phila_dot

« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2011, 10:35:37 AM »

Setzi,
Can you provide a detailed explanation of the process you use to incorporate this function?

Incredible work as always. Thank you.
Jason

Breaks everything!

« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2011, 10:44:23 AM »

Nice!  Thanks for the update.  I probably can't test it until the weekend because I cracked a plug and had to order from amazon because a standard copper plug used in about 83,000 OEM applications for the last 30 years is apparently a huge financial burden for parts stores in a 100 mile radius of me to carry excess inventory on. Roll Eyes

Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2011, 12:20:09 PM »

Thanks for the awesome work Setzi. Patching assembly code isn't always the easiest thing to do.

Hopefully we can add additional value to the code that Chris created, and prove that we aren't horrible code stealers.

PS: I'm looking into getting the bug fixed on the forum where the "code" blocks have the wrong text colour.

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
julex

« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2011, 12:51:54 PM »

PS: I'm looking into getting the bug fixed on the forum where the "code" blocks have the wrong text colour.

Ah, I was wondering what that white block of nothing was  Wink. Highlighting reveals the content.

Setzi: Thanks yet again!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 01:15:44 PM by julex » Logged
Rick

« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2011, 01:17:24 PM »

Superb work gents Smiley

What Jason is describing is very retarded ignition timing.  I don't know how viable it is for the code to be modified so that the ignition angle is fixed at a selectable, very retard angle - say 60 ATDC.

Rick
DJGonzo
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2011, 01:19:54 PM »

Superb work gents Smiley

What Jason is describing is very retarded ignition timing.  I don't know how viable it is for the code to be modified so that the ignition angle is fixed at a selectable, very retard angle - say 60 ATDC.

Rick
Is really 60 ATDC safe?

I never really tried going past 15 ATDC. Sounds scary haha
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 01:27:10 PM by Gonzo » Logged
julex

« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2011, 01:55:27 PM »

Ok, I patched new code in, set anti-lag to 70% throttle and 5k RPMs flat shifted 2-3 like there is no tomorrow, my clutch floated a bit due to 20psi at red line when I dropped the clutch but it was pretty smooth ride-wise actually. Constant pull no more dip and wait for boost to build up.

Rev matching below thresholds works as to date, no more no lift kicking in... I think it is as good as it can be using current methodology.

Next step is to find how we can retard timing on demand to stupid values and do the thing the right way.

Excellent work.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 40
  Print  

Jump to: