Pushing a little bit forward on the logging front ...
Here is my ME7Logger
package now available for everybody,
has been tested successfully on different cars.
It consists of two tools: one to generate ecu characteristics files
(similar to properties) out of ecu images, second to log data.
No GUI for klicky guys, no graphics, just console programs./sales_mode=on
Will outperform commercially available tools on speed & flexibility:
- Up to 50 samples per second possible.
- Up to 127 independent variables can be logged at same time.
- Open for expansions: whatever you want to log, you can define it.
- No fiddling with licenses/hacked programs needed./sales_mode=off
- It's free for hobby use,
- It's NOT for noobs. Not a connect-and-log tool,
before logging you should have your ecu image available.
Last but not least: buy a commercial program if you want
to make someone liable for damages/not working logging tools
Update 12.08.2011, some fixes/changes done:
- Experimental FTDI native driver support added, option -f
- Logger start time synchronization added, option -t
- Logger absolute timestamp added, option -a
- Allow TAB's also in trace config files
- Variables zwbasar_<xx> for all available cylinders
- Variables wkraa_<xx> limited to available cylinders
- Minor changes, some variables added
Update 09.09.2011, some of the requested changes/fixes done:
- Single sample option added (result is output just to the window)
- More variables determined for images with code variant (missing tans(IAT) for one image)
- zwbasar_<xx> now really available for all available cylinders
- Some more variables added
- Some alias names added, some changed
Update 02.04.2012 to version 1.17:
(Updated 04.04.2012 the ME7Info in the .zip, fixed path error)
Changes in ME7Logger:
- Reworked general timing calculations, timestamps, sync to full second
- Fixed local time in absolute timestamps (option -a)
- Supress logfile writing when output goes to stdout (option -R)
useful if output is piped to external evaluation tool/filter
- Added option -m: Timestamp format milliseconds
- Added option -h: supress printing header information in logfiles
- Added option -b: set logging baudrate for communication,
override baudrate from ecu file
- connection method "double slowinit" added (helps with "instrument cluster" problem)
To use double slowinit set in the [Communication] section of the .ecu file:
Connect = SLOW-0x00
DoubleDelay = 12 ; Possible values 1 .. 100 (delay in 100ms)
This only allows to connect while engine not yet started.
Changes in ME7Info:
- Reverted back to zwbasar_0 .. zwbasar_3
(Array size NOT dependent on number of cylinders)
- Some variables added:
+ zwoutar_0 .. zwoutar_3
+ redist / evz_austot
+ lamfaws_w / lamfawkr_w / lamfaw_w / lamfwl_w / lamrlmn_w
+ perffilt_w / perfmax_w => This is CPU-Load
It helps in finding out the max. logging capabilities of your ECU.
Around 90% CPU-Load might be a limit for the ECU.