Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MDBGRG gear dependent torque limitation  (Read 4430 times)
eibxmatic

« on: June 23, 2015, 09:42:13 AM »

Hi, inside the 8l0906018M damos file i found this map.

x-axis = gear
y-axis = RPM
z-axis = Percent of max torque

inside this map you can see that the torque is limited at 4th gear and above between 3000 and 5000 rpm.

I havent found any information about that on forum also not on s4 wiki.

Why is torque limited in that conditions ? prevent slipping clutch ? prevent transforming conrods into banana ?
tjwasiak

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 02:27:09 PM »

I would say engine speed is too high for conrod protection but 3000-3500RPM could be useful for clutch protection.
Have you checked if this map is used (might be disabled by codeword in stock form).
eibxmatic

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 05:04:32 AM »

I would say engine speed is too high for conrod protection but 3000-3500RPM could be useful for clutch protection.
Have you checked if this map is used (might be disabled by codeword in stock form).

Have to admit that even after searching for it I have no clue how to figure out if the map is active or not
tjwasiak

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 05:59:46 AM »

Funktionsrahmen says:
Diese Begrenzung ist nur aktiv, wenn die Motortemperatur und die  Fahrzeuggeschwindigkeit eine applizierbare Schwelle uberschritten haben.

Google translates it into:
This limitation is only active when the engine temperature and vehicle speed have fulfilled applicable threshold.

I have not found any codeword which could disable that function so it should be used if coolant temperature and vehicle speed are within specified limits. Those could be adjusted via TMMIBGR and VMIBGR.
eibxmatic

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2015, 07:27:00 AM »

Funktionsrahmen says:
Google translates it into:
I have not found any codeword which could disable that function so it should be used if coolant temperature and vehicle speed are within specified limits. Those could be adjusted via TMMIBGR and VMIBGR.
After reading the FR again i understood there are 3 basic funktions.

limiting torque over to high engine temerature

limiting torque gear dependend if u press brake and throttle at the same time to ensure ur brakes have more "power" than ur engine at that time to prevent ur car wont move

limiting torque if IDC is too high so u wont go lean

sadly there is no "thank you" button... i appreciate ur help for guiding me into the right chapter

p.s. should have seen it myself because iam a german and therefore it´s not hard to get to know the FR for me
ddillenger

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2015, 11:14:51 AM »

sadly there is no "thank you" button... i appreciate ur help for guiding me into the right chapter

p.s. should have seen it myself because iam a german and therefore it´s not hard to get to know the FR for me

There is. Applaud under the username!

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Lost

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2015, 11:28:03 AM »

After reading the FR again i understood there are 3 basic funktions.

limiting torque over to high engine temerature

limiting torque gear dependend if u press brake and throttle at the same time to ensure ur brakes have more "power" than ur engine at that time to prevent ur car wont move

limiting torque if IDC is too high so u wont go lean

Perfect, than you dont mind if we ask you some time for translation Smiley
eibxmatic

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2015, 04:52:54 PM »

Perfect, than you dont mind if we ask you some time for translation Smiley

haha Smiley if there is something i can help with ill do my best Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: