Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Aren't Galletto 1260 and FTDI KKL cables the same?  (Read 1077 times)
sidicer

« on: November 14, 2023, 11:06:44 AM »

Hello. So for the past two weeks I've been reading a lot of posts here, playing around with cheap CH340 cables and HEX-V2 VCDS cables to no avail.

Afterwards I just ordered an FTDI KKL cable with FT232RL chip and after receiving it today was able to connect to the ECU using both NefMoto Flasher and ME7Logger programs.
Because of the successful connection I started looking into making my own wiring harness for bench flashing or just playing around without freezing to death in my car Grin and noticed everyone suggesting Galletto 1260 cables for Boot Mode Bench Flashing.

The thing is almost all Galletto 1260 cables that I could find locally or from top google search results are just FT232RL cables with a black housing instead of a blue one Roll Eyes
So am I correct to think that in the end FTDI KKL FT232R* and Galletto 1260 are exactly the same cable?

Would I just be able to use my current FTDI KKL cable after putting my ECU into boot mode as successfully as I would with Galletto 1260?

Thank you for any responses, happy to learn more about ME7* ECU's

https://github.com/sidicer | A3 8L 1.8T 180HP Quattro
_nameless

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2023, 11:10:41 AM »

Hello. So for the past two weeks I've been reading a lot of posts here, playing around with cheap CH340 cables and HEX-V2 VCDS cables to no avail.

Afterwards I just ordered an FTDI KKL cable with FT232RL chip and after receiving it today was able to connect to the ECU using both NefMoto Flasher and ME7Logger programs.
Because of the successful connection I started looking into making my own wiring harness for bench flashing or just playing around without freezing to death in my car Grin and noticed everyone suggesting Galletto 1260 cables for Boot Mode Bench Flashing.

The thing is almost all Galletto 1260 cables that I could find locally or from top google search results are just FT232RL cables with a black housing instead of a blue one Roll Eyes
So am I correct to think that in the end FTDI KKL FT232R* and Galletto 1260 are exactly the same cable?

Would I just be able to use my current FTDI KKL cable after putting my ECU into boot mode as successfully as I would with Galletto 1260?

Thank you for any responses, happy to learn more about ME7* ECU's

This should answer your questions
 http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=3088.0

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
JeanAwt

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2023, 11:14:52 AM »

yes it seems to me that it is possible...with a galletto cable file and its serial number. and write it on the blue kkl. but the china clones cost $10...

A4 B5 avant 1.8T 2000 NO QUATTRO
sidicer

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2023, 11:22:13 AM »

Just to confirm that I understand this correctly - the post is in regards of the Galletto Official Software itself and you just modify which cable it is looking for when connecting ?
Which confirms my question that FTDI KKL FT232R* cable is the same or "enough" for anything related to boot-mode flashing?

So for example if I use something like me7_95040 or NefMoto in Boot Mode I am all set either way without even editing any software binaries ?

To put the question in simpler words: Will I be able to unfuck a bricked ECU after wrong checksum with only FTDI KKL FT232R* and NefMoto in Boot Mode?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2023, 11:27:11 AM by sidicer » Logged

https://github.com/sidicer | A3 8L 1.8T 180HP Quattro
prj

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2023, 12:00:33 PM »

Nefmoto does not have a bootmode. The UI has an entry but it does not do anything.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: