Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A6/S4 2.7T - Tip ECU with SAI Removed. Question about warmup maps  (Read 5846 times)
AudiMan85

Hey, maybe someone could riddle me this.

Once I removed the SAI system I got to thinking and when comparing the L-box to a M-box file I see that there is some warmup maps that are different. Is this cause there is not a SAI system on the 6MT? or is this a calibration thing that ddlinger has stated to me b4. Would it make sense to copy over the different warm up maps to a L-Box file if the SAI has been removed?

Also when using NVR file posted. I at 1st ran the 2++ posted for the correct car and maf type. I did however leave the stock timing maps.

When adding in timing map from the NVR 2++ or if its the schnell file which ever one. I notice when getting the car nice and hot by racing around the car gets stinky like sulfur. Whats the cause, too rich from knock and its dumping fuel, or the cats are clogged?

"Ride like I got a horse stable under my hood" ~ The Game - Too Much
vwaudiguy

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 11:04:29 AM »

Interested in an answer on the warmup mapping between files with SAI active and not. In my experience the sulfur smell is from the cats. Not necessarily meaning they are clogged, just hottt. Does the car have cats?

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
AudiMan85

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 07:16:02 AM »

I did get stinky exhaust, but after downpipe install the smell went away. So it must have been I'm guessing extra fuel dumped during startup or building up in cats.

"Ride like I got a horse stable under my hood" ~ The Game - Too Much
vwaudiguy

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 05:18:12 PM »

I also wonder if the overly rich condition on warmup (cuz no SAI) may adversely affect the life of the cats...Anyone??

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
seishuku

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 05:48:37 PM »

Doubtful, though the rich condition may cause the cat to take longer to reach light-off temps.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 05:53:04 PM »

reach light-off temps.

Is this the temp I can light a cigarette off the cat? Smiley

adam-

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2015, 09:21:14 AM »

Smoking is bad, and you shouldn't be burning your pets..
MadCow

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2015, 10:38:41 AM »

Is the rich condition the reason my car is sometimes ridiculously loud for the first 30-ish seconds after starting? It only became noticeable after installing a test pipe but it makes my car sounds like it's got a huge exhaust leak when it happens.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2015, 09:44:41 PM »

Is the rich condition the reason my car is sometimes ridiculously loud for the first 30-ish seconds after starting? It only became noticeable after installing a test pipe but it makes my car sounds like it's got a huge exhaust leak when it happens.

Might be your combi valves opening.

MadCow

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2015, 08:43:44 AM »

Might be your combi valves opening.

Forgot to mention I don't have SAI.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: