Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: MarkP style logging template for ME7logger and Zeitronix info?  (Read 14608 times)
jibberjive

« on: February 11, 2012, 02:55:23 PM »

With tons of people using ME7logger and Zeitronix widebands (I'm using the MAP sensor, EGT, and wideband O2), I'm sure there's some excel templates already out there that are modified to work with ME7logger and Zeitronix info, does anyone want to share theirs? I can/will modify it myself, just thought I'd see if there's anyone that has already done it and wouldn't mind sharing.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 03:09:47 PM by jibberjive » Logged
Matt Danger

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 04:39:27 PM »

I would also be interested in this.
julex

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 09:10:56 AM »

With couple of modifications to ECU/CFG file I managed to output a log with Me7 logger that is almost ready to go with any EcuX template. There is only one issue with timestamps which include a dot between seconds and milliseconds while original EcuX is not doing that.

If your template has a problem with that, editing the CSV file is very easy and once the timestamps are fixed, it loads right in.

I emailed setzi for me7 revision to allow EcuX style time stamps so we will see where that goes.

PM me if you want more info, I posted most of it in the sticky thread above.
jibberjive

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 09:25:44 AM »

Yeah, I did that all last night. I'll post my m-box .cfg and .ecu files when I verify that they work. Thanks for the info.
julex

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 09:36:25 AM »

One correction though, tans (IAT) calculation requires: A = 1.35 and B = 54.4 NOT B = -54.4 as I originally posted.

Thanks.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 09:57:28 AM »

With tons of people using ME7logger and Zeitronix widebands (I'm using the MAP sensor, EGT, and wideband O2), I'm sure there's some excel templates already out there that are modified to work with ME7logger and Zeitronix info, does anyone want to share theirs? I can/will modify it myself, just thought I'd see if there's anyone that has already done it and wouldn't mind sharing.

Thanks.

personally, I detest excel.

ECUxPlot does exactly what you want, and its extensible.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
jibberjive

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 10:30:44 AM »

personally, I detest excel.

ECUxPlot does exactly what you want, and its extensible.
I detest your detestation of excel Tongue

j/k. Well, I sent you that email yesterday, if ECUxPlot did exactly what I wanted I would definitely use that.  I simply want to be able to save all the MarkP logged variables in a graph preset, together with Zeitronix data, and easily export them to pictures to post.  If that happens with ECUx, no doubt I'll swing that way.  Without that functionality though, excel is pretty much the only option I've got.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 10:32:23 AM by jibberjive » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 11:36:25 AM »

working on it now Smiley

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
julex

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 07:38:53 PM »

Thanks nyet.

I am lacking ability to save presets and export graps as data file so that I can load it back in later.

Please also add ability to selectively remove legend items as with say 4 runs on the screen and 10 variables each, the legend becomes inproportionally large, bigger than graph most of time.

If there was ability to create tabs in the conceptual session with different stuff in each, that would just rock. And then save all this.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 08:52:44 PM »

yea i REALLY want to do tabs, but one thing at a time. things i am working on in order:

export all graphs to a directory
open new chart with same file as the one you have (right now, open new chart starts with no file)
new/delete/replace preset
open set of multiple presets all at once (and export all)

the legend stuff is a bit trickier, but i think i know how i can do it.

what would be REALLY nice is a java guy to help me with this Smiley I'm not that great of a java programmer.

ECUx Plot

julex

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2012, 07:03:58 AM »

I wish I could say I am an expert in Java myself. Not using it at all, I am .NET guy.
s5fourdoor

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2012, 09:07:14 AM »

On a related note, i feel like we don't even have a set of standard cfg files available for all users of me7logger yet, let alone all the more complex stuff you guys are discussing.  Someone should at least post a CFG file which covers the MarkP logging requirements for starters...
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2012, 10:38:17 AM »

Agreed. Really, the ones you need are *all* the ones that have aliases (they are all the ECUx variables)

ME7L is fast enough to get all of them with no problem on most ECUs.

there are some assorted non ECUx vars for torque monitoring we should probably add though.

ECUx Plot

julex

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2012, 12:19:59 PM »

Here is a complete ECU/CFG file that will log the stuff you need for excel template (4xecux.xls) I attached to this post. It auto imports and supports zeitronix exported CSV files and is really good imho. You can even see my last 4 FAT runs while experimenting with USR lean burn feature Smiley

The CFG file logs more than what's needed so feel free to rem out weird stuff.

I don't know about MarkP template, you will have to probably re-arrange columns and such since I believe you need to copy/past stuff into his template (really cumbersome if you ask me) which I never had patience for. I might have used it couple of time with old excel but once I got Excel 2010 which changed the way copy/paste works (the areas had to match for some reason), I just decided to stop the madness and use 4xecus.xls.

Coincidentally I see Nyet's name on the spreadsheet Smiley

Anyway, enjoy.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 10:04:39 PM by julex » Logged
jibberjive

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2012, 02:10:42 PM »

Lol, and something like that excel template you posted is precisely the reason why I posted this thread in 3 different forums. The only ones I got were the MarkP copy/paste ones, with Zeitronix added in.  It seems like I'm always a day early on everything I do. I literally just spent the last day getting my cfg/ecu files done, together with massaging the excel templates and everything to set up a system (that doesn't include this new [old to you guys] graph), so that I can get my log game on. Whenever I feel like I need something, I should force myself to wait 48 hrs and it'll be done for me by someone else, rater than duplicating the effort lol.

Julex and everyone, check out my project thread that I made in the project section soon/regularly. I'm going to be posting some logs/etc. in there (I've got some very early ones right now that I might post in there today, though I might do some more fueling corrections and just post those afterwards).
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 02:21:12 PM by jibberjive » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: