Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Author Topic: How does KFLDRL 'linearise' boost?  (Read 59900 times)
julex

« Reply #105 on: June 19, 2014, 07:14:26 AM »

Trust me it was fun to drive.  Having power nice in the midrange is where the k03s is alive.  Pointless trying to make it at 6000rpk when turbo rubbing out of puff.

Exactly, and why you get bigger turbos...
carsey

« Reply #106 on: June 19, 2014, 07:24:06 AM »

Personal preference at end of the day.   Car was epic fun to drive to 120mph (where conditions allowed).

I have a motor thats built for big turbo setup....however only going TSFI k04-064 as the chassis wont be able to cope with the power I want and how I want to drive the car.  Could easily have a blower on there to make 550bhp, however 375bhp will be more suited to the style of driving ive built the car for.

Bigger isnt always better...

Id much rather have a car I can enjoy from 3000rpm to redline around country roads, occasional track day than a car which only has power 5500rpm- redline and can only go in a straight line.

Swings and roundabouts.
julex

« Reply #107 on: June 19, 2014, 07:47:26 AM »

Personal preference at end of the day.   Car was epic fun to drive to 120mph (where conditions allowed).

I have a motor thats built for big turbo setup....however only going TSFI k04-064 as the chassis wont be able to cope with the power I want and how I want to drive the car.  Could easily have a blower on there to make 550bhp, however 375bhp will be more suited to the style of driving ive built the car for.

Id much rather have a car I can enjoy from 3000rpm to redline around country roads, occasional track day than a car which only has power 5500rpm- redline and can only go in a straight line.

Swings and roundabouts.

I am not saying "insanely large turbo" but something a tad bigger so that it doesn't choke at 5k rpms. If you want fun in low rpms just get turbo diesel Smiley
userpike

« Reply #108 on: June 19, 2014, 07:23:23 PM »

Swings and roundabouts.

Since I don't have to funds to build a second car, let alone have room to store it, I thought about this also and decided on a "quick change" turbo setup. Everything will have v-band clamps and quick change fluid couplings where applicable to minimize downtime between turbo swaps. Exhaust/boost plumbing and turbo intake to fit both turbos. I'm thinking swap time would be under an hour.

carsey

« Reply #109 on: June 21, 2014, 09:03:27 AM »

Done a couple logs today with the new actuator (yellow spring) and a STOCK KFLDRL.    Got a overshoot of boost at initial spool up I need to try solve.

Any tips?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #110 on: June 21, 2014, 04:05:37 PM »

Done a couple logs today with the new actuator (yellow spring) and a STOCK KFLDRL.    Got a overshoot of boost at initial spool up I need to try solve.

Any tips?

Stock KFLDRL definitely won't work with that wastegate. Either calibrate it correctly from scratch (a good amount of work) or start with a linear KFLDRL. Youre running WAY too much DC. I mean, you aren't even in the general ball park.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
carsey

« Reply #111 on: June 21, 2014, 04:09:53 PM »

Yup,  far too much.  Linearised KFLDRL tonight and started to work up kfldimx from 10% to get to where I want the boost.

got to 55% in 3rd gear which gives about 17psi, but then in 4th its 20psi.

Thats the log i done.   Not sure where the increase in boost and duty is from though.
carsey

« Reply #112 on: June 22, 2014, 08:27:51 AM »

Bit more fiddling today Smiley

Looks like boost is somewhere close.   Still mighty close to the map sensor limit though.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
  Print  

Jump to: