Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bricked The ECU again  (Read 7073 times)
New2Tune

« on: August 22, 2011, 06:17:22 PM »

What kind of reliability are you guys getting?  On my Audi this is the third time in 10-15 flashes it has cut out mid flash and then it just cranks and cranks which seems like a CS error.

It's on a charger, 1.8t, A4  Any ideas?   Angry
judeisnotobscure

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 06:22:08 PM »

if it doesn't completely flash, you have to just relfash it... it won't start until you've had a complete reflash.  I've had very few failed flashes with the nefmoto flasher... about 2 out of 40 and i wasn't on a charger.
never had a failure on the bench.

I have a b5 s4
but i just want to dance.
New2Tune

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 06:58:43 AM »

So I've tried to reflash, cycle the power off/on, when it comes back on about 10 secs after turning the key the Radiator fans come on full blast.

So then with fans unplugged and charger on, the software can't establish a connection to the ECU.  Each time I end up pulling the ECU and recovering out of the vehicle.  When these files are written fully with either Galleto or NefMoto they work fine so doesn't seem to be an issue with the file.

ta79pr

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 10:50:27 AM »

if it doesn't completely flash, you have to just relfash it... it won't start until you've had a complete reflash.  I've had very few failed flashes with the nefmoto flasher... about 2 out of 40 and i wasn't on a charger.
never had a failure on the bench.

How are you turning off the immobilizer to do a bench flash outside of boot mode?

02 TT tdi (BEW)
2005 allroad 2.7tM (BEL)
julex

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 07:50:05 AM »

After "bricking" the ECU you need to disconnect all power from ECU by pulling fuses for it or disconnecting the battery altogether. It seems that 45s-1min is required for the ECU to properly reset, any shorter than that and it won't still be accessible to program.

This is the reason you can bench flash it after failure just ok - b/c it is disconnected from power for more than the time period I listed above.
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 01:40:56 PM »

Which version of the NefMoto flashing software are you using? Version 1.8.0.0 has a bunch of improvements for recovering from failed flashes.

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
lulu2003

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 01:43:54 PM »

After "bricking" the ECU you need to disconnect all power from ECU by pulling fuses for it or disconnecting the battery altogether. It seems that 45s-1min is required for the ECU to properly reset

this way it succeeded to recover by OBD?
Do you have experiences also with other ECUs than ME7s?
julex

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 06:19:52 AM »

After "bricking" the ECU you need to disconnect all power from ECU by pulling fuses for it or disconnecting the battery altogether. It seems that 45s-1min is required for the ECU to properly reset

this way it succeeded to recover by OBD?
Do you have experiences also with other ECUs than ME7s?

Whenever my flash fails, it fails a lot since I have a temperamental car (allroad), and my ECU stops responding regardless of what I do, disconnecting all power from it for about 1min does the trick.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: