Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: I have a 2001 Jetta 06A906032DL Can't read ECU "disabled by aftrmrkt software.."  (Read 15086 times)
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

You can flash any ME7 MKIV binary to just about any MKIV ecu.  Find a MKIV ecu that's the cheapest and flash your bin to it.  Grab a virgin eeprom and flash that using argdubs tool.  You can transfer just the immo related data from your apr eeprom to your virgin eeprom  (there's a screen in VME7Logger to do this for you).  Install ecu and code as needed with VCDS.

except narrowband ecus
adam-

With bootmode, yes, you can flash any MK4 1.8t file onto any MK4 1.8t ECU.  The problem was, some of the American ones, and a few Euro ones were narrowband ME7.5 - which rules them out. 

But you're correct, providing that the flash is 1024kb (wideband), you are fine.  Armed with bootmode, you can flash any file onto it; so long as you have the supporting EEPROM.  Sometimes flashing a random file without the corresponding EEPROM will result in a brick, so it's good practice to use the EEPROM too.  If you wait a few hours I'll post an ori HJ flash and EEPROM as I've got one sitting on the bench just now.

Basically, if you find an ECU with the same hardware as yours, you're good to go. 
royce5950

Since i have the Aww engine I am fitted with a wideband o2 sensor correct?  I have been reading the a4 tuning wiki front to back constantly absorbing everything i can and messing around in tunerpro.. Just mainly getting a feel for working with maps,  tables and most importantly teaching myself to understand all of the various technical terminology you come across in the tuning process.

I appreciate all the help greatly guys!  Seriously thank you!

One last question I think.. Can i use the flash tool in visualme7logger to perform the benchmode flash?  Rather than test benching and grounding and so forth? 

Oh BTW Ive tried to read my eeprom like last night or the night before using argdubs me7_95040 tool within visualme7logger and i was unable to.  Tried a bunch of different loopholes and what not.  No luck.

Its been tough but whenever I get frustrated I just tell myself to keep on trying because I'm not going to give up like 99/100 people who try this do.  Or like the millions of idiots Who twist up one or two numbers in a file and post it in rate my tune in hopes that someone will write their entire file for them step by step lol...  Where's the self fulfilling feeling of accomplishment in that?...

Anyways thanks again you guys all kick ass!! For real!! <3

Purchase Tuned Files Ready To Be FlashedFor Audi / VW 1.8T & 2.0T Engines ➡️ TUNEDBYV3@GMAIL.COMAs low as just $50
adam-

You might not be able to read the EEPROM because it's blocked; same as the flash. You're probably just going round in circles until you get a spare untampered with ECU.

I've used Argdubs tool 30 seconds ago and it worked first time, no issues. 
SB_GLI

Sometimes the argdub tool just doesn't work OBD.  Works all the time in bootmode.  Figure out how to read/write eeprom and flash via bootmode and you will be golden.
royce5950

Can some one explain what this means?

I got me7logger to read my ecu through the obd port and this is what it came up with? It saved my ecu as a 512kb file but if you look at the pic it just has a bunch of Xs... VCDS and nefmoto read DTCs and dont come back with Xs so I'm curious if this is normal... Though I suspect its not normal...

What do you guys know about this?

Thx.

Purchase Tuned Files Ready To Be FlashedFor Audi / VW 1.8T & 2.0T Engines ➡️ TUNEDBYV3@GMAIL.COMAs low as just $50
SB_GLI

this eeprom is immo2, it doesn't have that info stored in the eeprom.
royce5950

So when I write my tune do you think it will be a smart choice if I overwrite my current eeprom with a virgin eeprom? incase revo or APR did infact screw with it?

Thank you in advance.

adam-

I'm not sure if you missed it, but I've said from the beginning to just get a spare ECU and tune THAT one, not your one.  Grab the PIN from the cluster - which is the same PIN that's in your ECU (incase the ECU won't let you read it).  Install your new, used ECU, login with the new ECU's PIN (grab from the EEPROM), adapt with old PIN, leave for a minute and it'll start.

Then tune your new ECU, forget the APR tuned stuff.  Flashing over the EEPROM in bootmode with a virgin to then code it anyway seems a pointless exercise and time wasting.
slklite

Can some one explain what this means?

I got me7logger to read my ecu through the obd port and this is what it came up with? It saved my ecu as a 512kb file but if you look at the pic it just has a bunch of Xs... VCDS and nefmoto read DTCs and dont come back with Xs so I'm curious if this is normal... Though I suspect its not normal...

What do you guys know about this?

Thx.

Hello, I know this is an old thread, but I'm interested in that software. I looked for it and couldn't find it ...

Is this a GUI for argdub's me7_95040 ?

Thank you.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: