Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Scirocco 2.0 TSI CAWB MED17.5 - Getting rid of CAT and doing it properly.  (Read 2637 times)
h2esk

Hello guys!
I'm planning on doing a straight pipe on my car. So I want to turn off CAT related diagnostics in ECU. The S4wiki was a great source of tips and crossreferencing it with FR for MED17.5 lead me to getting almost everything as it should be. But there is one issue, CLRSHK is not defined in the available FR yet it exist in my ECU damos. Crossreferencing it with MED9.1 leads me to just setting bit 0 to "1". But before I do something I would rather ask!

Linking also to file I have now flashed with definitions.
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=14137.0
dilly

it isn't as simple as disabling cat diag. you'll run into over-boost and lean issues.
h2esk

I'm trying to disable all cat and second lambda probe functions so no fuel trims are made by second probe, what do you mean about lean issues?
EDIT: I'm also getting rid of second probe.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 03:04:28 AM by therape » Logged
dilly

I'm trying to disable all cat and second lambda probe functions so no fuel trims are made by second probe, what do you mean about lean issues?
removing your cat results in overspool and the ecu is not configured for that. if you are just doing a downpipe for sound, there is no point.
either scratch your idea of removing the cat or get a proper tune
sonique

CAWB only one lambda after the front cat
h2esk

removing your cat results in overspool and the ecu is not configured for that. if you are just doing a downpipe for sound, there is no point.
either scratch your idea of removing the cat or get a proper tune

Or I can do the tune myself? I have only asked about CLRSHK codeword, not about consequences of doing a downpipe.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: