Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Author Topic: moving onto med9, first time tune golf 5 gti  (Read 90157 times)
prj

« Reply #105 on: February 22, 2013, 04:00:47 AM »

I'd say it's not really doing anything at all, and your boost control is mechanical regardless of N75 DC.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
airtite

« Reply #106 on: February 22, 2013, 04:03:21 AM »

when you say mechanical you mean the wastegate? Ie the wgdc has nothing to do with it and the pressure is whats cracking the wastegate irrelevant of dc?
RaraK

« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2013, 05:57:46 AM »

I would unplug your n75 electrically, and give it a run, should be around 7psi give or take i believe on a k04 wastegate.  This is the mechanical cracking pressure of the wastegate. 

Do this, see what you get and report please.

This is a genuine BorgWarner turbocharger? I know the chinese have reproduced these already and the Chinese wastegates are not so well and are typically inconsistent.
airtite

« Reply #108 on: February 22, 2013, 06:58:50 AM »

I would unplug your n75 electrically, and give it a run, should be around 7psi give or take i believe on a k04 wastegate.  This is the mechanical cracking pressure of the wastegate. 

This is a genuine BorgWarner turbocharger? I know the chinese have reproduced these already and the Chinese wastegates are not so well and are typically inconsistent.

genuine, its been modified though.
B234R

« Reply #109 on: February 22, 2013, 01:00:45 PM »

No, you have to change the DSG software.
Can you read DSG software?
Do you have the right tool?

I know it can be done by flashing the DSG ECU.
But I'm interested in the way tuners found to do it without touching the DSG ECU.

Rarak seems to know how it can be done, so maybe he feels generous enough to give another hint.
MDNORM alone seems to easy. But I have not investigated further.
airtite

« Reply #110 on: February 23, 2013, 11:18:20 PM »

n75 unplugged, looks like the wastegate is working properly and this must be something to do with the n75 itself?

I will wait for the car to cool down then will try squeeze my hand up there and swap the n75 with the one from the k03s that was on the car.
fredrik_a

« Reply #111 on: February 24, 2013, 01:14:13 AM »

n75 unplugged, looks like the wastegate is working properly and this must be something to do with the n75 itself?

Just curious, the specified boost goes below cracking pressure after 5.600 rpms... Is that really stock software behaviour os something you have requested? How would that be accomplished? By having the throttle automatically close to acheive lower boost than what the turbo charger will produce with a fully closed n75?
airtite

« Reply #112 on: February 24, 2013, 02:53:19 AM »

Just curious, the specified boost goes below cracking pressure after 5.600 rpms... Is that really stock software behaviour os something you have requested? How would that be accomplished? By having the throttle automatically close to acheive lower boost than what the turbo charger will produce with a fully closed n75?

Thats the stock file, I didnt log throttle plate angle in that run. Just swapped out the n75 with the other one from the stock turbo and its doing the same thing as before.

airtite

« Reply #113 on: February 24, 2013, 02:59:01 AM »

also this isnt a stock turbo.
fredrik_a

« Reply #114 on: February 24, 2013, 05:33:12 AM »

Thats the stock file

There seems to be another dependance as requested boost is different in the two pulls. Have you turned boost deviation monitoring off so the ECU isn't playing tricks when the requested boost isn't met (as the n75 is unplugged)?
airtite

« Reply #115 on: February 24, 2013, 06:05:06 AM »

There seems to be another dependance as requested boost is different in the two pulls. Have you turned boost deviation monitoring off so the ECU isn't playing tricks when the requested boost isn't met (as the n75 is unplugged)?

Nope I havent turned boost deviation monitoring off when I had the n75 unplugged, what I am looking for to do that?
fredrik_a

« Reply #116 on: February 24, 2013, 08:35:37 AM »

Nope I havent turned boost deviation monitoring off when I had the n75 unplugged, what I am looking for to do that?

There a re a few things that handle this. Take a look at FR page 955 and you will see how it works.
I guess it can be turned off completely by FF:ing KFDLULS but then you will not have much protection if the hose between for instance the n75 and the wastegate actuator falls off.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 08:47:02 AM by fredrik_a » Logged
airtite

« Reply #117 on: February 24, 2013, 11:29:54 AM »

There a re a few things that handle this. Take a look at FR page 955 and you will see how it works.
I guess it can be turned off completely by FF:ing KFDLULS but then you will not have much protection if the hose between for instance the n75 and the wastegate actuator falls off.

Thank you. Do you think its necessary for me to even look at that though?

I have loaded up a tune now and I am not getting the boost spike as much but when specified boost tapers off at 5250rpm actual isnt following even though wgdc is at 0%, could that possible be due to the wastegate actuator not being preloaded correctly?

fredrik_a

« Reply #118 on: February 24, 2013, 11:46:54 AM »

Thank you. Do you think its necessary for me to even look at that though?

If you log the throttle plate angle and it varies although you are flooring the pedal, something is not as it should be at least.

I have loaded up a tune now and I am not getting the boost spike as much but when specified boost tapers off at 5250rpm actual isnt following even though wgdc is at 0%,

My first question would be why the desired boost is so nervous? Read/log issues or is the ECU actually behaving like this? It basically asks the turbo charger to be extremely unstable...?

could that possible be due to the wastegate actuator not being preloaded correctly?

What is the preload of the stock actuator/turbo compared to what you run now? If they differ, then having the wrong preload (and not adjust it in the software) will probably yield in boost control difficulties.
airtite

« Reply #119 on: February 25, 2013, 11:25:04 AM »

If you log the throttle plate angle and it varies although you are flooring the pedal, something is not as it should be at least.

throttle plate angle actually doesnt vary, I think it might have closed by like 4% once or twice.

My first question would be why the desired boost is so nervous? Read/log issues or is the ECU actually behaving like this? It basically asks the turbo charger to be extremely unstable...?

I have no idea, it could be a logging issue I am logging using cvds and turbo mode, with about 10-12 variables being logged so it may be the cause.

What is the preload of the stock actuator/turbo compared to what you run now? If they differ, then having the wrong preload (and not adjust it in the software) will probably yield in boost control difficulties.

I didnt bench test the preload of the actuator before installing the turbo so it could be the cause but if the actuator preload was off would the boost looked like it did in the n75 unplugged logs?

Right now the car is feeling strong and if I do a WOT run in 3rd it revs the whole way but every now and then specially in the higher gears if I go WOT it will go into soft limp with a positive deviation code a quick key off and key on sorts that out, so the question is where do I go from here? Is it a hardware issue or can I resolve these boost control issues software wise?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
  Print  

Jump to: