Pages: [1]
Author Topic: need help, a-box ecu with m-box map not working.  (Read 6096 times)
Techguy

« on: September 04, 2013, 09:56:08 AM »

hey everyone,  Huh I've got a ecu which is a "a-box" s4 ecu, I've attempted to remap it with a "m-box" map "see attached stage2" and once I flash it via mpps the car won't start and I don't get a ecu check engine light. luckly I've backed up my original map "see attached original" and reflashed it back to the ecu so the car still starts, then I downloaded corradovolksb stage2 map see link = http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=1688.0title= only because his map also used a bosch maf, but it still wouldn't start so I reflashed it back again to my stock map, what am i doing wrong?

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 10:06:27 AM »

codes?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ddillenger

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 10:17:23 AM »

MPPS does this sometimes. Flash it with nefmoto. It'll work.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Techguy

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 07:09:38 PM »

codes?

you mean like dtc codes?
ddillenger

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 07:20:43 PM »

MPPS does this sometimes. Flash it with nefmoto. It'll work.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Techguy

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 07:27:18 PM »

i'm going to give it a try with nefmoto, thanks for the info. i was worried i was doing something wrong.
Techguy

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 03:51:45 AM »

I'm going to give it a try with nefmoto, thanks for the info. i was worried i was doing something wrong.
so for the first 3 hours i was running around in circles,. didn't know i needed a memory layout, then i didn't find a memory layout  xml file, i searched on nefmoto, only to realise that it was preloaded in the installation directory, then i had to figure out that its a 29f800bb, once i got that out of the way, i attempted to flash, but it kepd getting stuck at writing ecu with no response or negotiating communication timings, removed my cluster fuse, thinking maybe the immo is interfering but the ecu is non immo on a immo car, then finally i realised the issue, the file that was already on my ecu wouldn't allow to be written over so i exited out of nefmoto, kepd saying security not allowed, so i went into mpps, flashed a stock a box map, then back into nefmoto, attempted to flash, security thing is gone, but seems to get stuck at neg communication timings, so figured the baud serial rate is to fast so i reduced it to 10400, once i connect to the ecu, the baud rate automatically goes back up, so i'd set it at 10400, connect to ecu successfully then nefmoto program resets baud rate, then i attempt to write, unable to because of this glitch, so i then connected again at 10400, then once it connected, i reset the baud rate back to 10400 again and clicked on write, and bam it worked!!!!

now the car starts and runs great with the mbox file., happy with it, thanks guys for the help, Smiley

julex

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 10:38:23 AM »

sounds like a major cf but at least it worked in the end!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: