Pages: [1]
Author Topic: help please. cant connect to my ecu with my ftdi ft232 (BL 1030) blue cable  (Read 9326 times)
Phil R

I've tried everything I can think of and spent lots of time looking around this and other sites. I made a bench flash cable, tried to connect in the ca via obd, tried 3 pcs , newest drivers and nothing seems to work. the cable is recognized by the software but that is as far as I get. i tried the nefmoto software, lemi , vag-com and a couple others.

in the nefmoto software I get a couple errors, "could not open FTDI device and failed to read test echo from FTDI. The ecu is totally stock and runs the audi fine. the cable is a generic blue cable and but I dont have a driver disc so i downloaded the drivers. when I try to connect the light blinks but that is all. vag com sees the cable but will not connect.

what should my next step be? do I need to change a driver setting? a friend has a blue cable I can try but it is the same as mine.

my bench cable does not have any resistors. I've also read about people connecting and disconnecting one of the ground cables but I dont think this is the issue because I'm not even trying to flash just trying to see the ecu.

any ideas? thanks guys. 
rob.mwpropane

I've tried everything I can think of and spent lots of time looking around this and other sites. I made a bench flash cable, tried to connect in the ca via obd, tried 3 pcs , newest drivers and nothing seems to work. the cable is recognized by the software but that is as far as I get. i tried the nefmoto software, lemi , vag-com and a couple others.

in the nefmoto software I get a couple errors, "could not open FTDI device and failed to read test echo from FTDI. The ecu is totally stock and runs the audi fine. the cable is a generic blue cable and but I dont have a driver disc so i downloaded the drivers. when I try to connect the light blinks but that is all. vag com sees the cable but will not connect.

what should my next step be? do I need to change a driver setting? a friend has a blue cable I can try but it is the same as mine.

my bench cable does not have any resistors. I've also read about people connecting and disconnecting one of the ground cables but I dont think this is the issue because I'm not even trying to flash just trying to see the ecu.

any ideas? thanks guys. 

Nefmoto does not work on the bench....yet. I would put it back in the car, and read through OBDII. Have you tried that yet? Fwiw, I use a battery charger hooked to the battery to keep constant voltage.

This has nothing to do with cars but you can see my glorifying job at,

www.MWPropane.com
phila_dot

What ECU?

NefMoto does work on the bench if the car is not immo equipped.

Sounds like a stuck k-line, but if that was the case bench flashing shouldn't be a problem (assuming a proper bench setup).
rob.mwpropane

What ECU?

I did not know that, I could only get Nef to clear dtc on Me7.5, which makes sense. Sorry for false info.

www.MWPropane.com
Phil R

Oh, I did  not realize that nefmoto does not work on the bench. I did try with the ecu in the car but only briefly because I assumed the issue was with my computer or a driver issue. I will try again.

I'm concerned because I can not get anything to communicate with this cable. my Vag-com is the old serial type cable and works fine but I've read posts that vag-com can mess but I'm not sure if that is only applies to the usb vag com.

thanks for the help
Phil R

my stock ecu is a H-box, not sure which version ecu is in the car.
rob.mwpropane

What ECU?

Sounds like a stuck k-line, but if that was the case bench flashing shouldn't be a problem (assuming a proper bench setup).

Re-read phila_dot's post. Apparently you can bench with Nef. I have failed because my ME7.5 has immo. I have had problems reading in the car because of inconsistent voltage. After I got that, it was a breeze. Since you have stock ECU, you should have no problem reading OBDII with NefMoto.

www.MWPropane.com
Phil R

so does anyone have any ideas on what could cause this "could not open FTDI device" or "failed to read test echo from FTDI'?
Phil R

ok, I tried my friends cable and it worked fine. so I assume my cable was DOA fyi to those who order these cables. now I can start applying the stuff I've learned from reading this site for many months
julex

yup, items soldered by 5y old children and elderly women tend to be of very flaky quality...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: