Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: 29F800 emulator...  (Read 45238 times)
prj

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2012, 07:38:04 AM »

You could also make a cable and swap data lines, that's what i did.
There's also small tool called Winendian. Mark Mansur, guy who programmed Tunerpro, made this after i reported byte swapping to Moates a few years ago.

I can make a TunerPro checksum plugin which will write out a second file to a fixed location endian swapped and have emutility monitor that.
I have asked Moates to provide a proper solution for this though. Let's see if they feel like it.

Making a cable could be done I guess, but it's 44 pin spaghetti, and I don't know where to get all the IDC connectors.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
gregsback

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2012, 01:16:11 PM »

Hi all,
there are some things to consider if we compare ETK7.1 with OLS300.
The ETK is made for the OEM to make their calibrations. Therefore additional code is inside the hex file. INCA does not work with the series production hex files. To be able to measure all (!!!) values inside the Software, so all output values of the maps or all calculations, additional trigger signals are required. E.G. For this reason the amount of code (not talking about the maps and applicable values) is higher in these hex files compared to the ones on the production ECU.

In addition to this, also special hardware is required. Besides the ETK itself, also a communication box is required. There are different hardware interfaces existing. The old one is the so called MAC(2). This box was used with a Damos (file format before A2L) and hex file. By the way at that time also VS100 was the application SW instead of INCA.
Later with INCA also different hardware came out (all products from ETAS). The most popular one was the ES690 (later 590). So if the system is compared with an OLS 300, then this is no fair comparison.

The ETAS tool chain is much more than an application tool. In addition to the application you also have a measuring tool, which allows you to measure and analyse all values.
The problem of all this is: it's quite good, but it's extrem expensive.  Sad And I do not know if it's possible to buy these tools on the free market.

prj

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2012, 01:53:19 AM »

I think for aftermarket calibration a RoadRunner or OLS300 with ME7Logger allows you to precisely calibrate every aspect of the ECU without having to wait to complete flashing.

Log your car properly.
nokiafix

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2012, 12:04:57 PM »

Best thing I ever done was buy ols300.  It's amazing for learning and tuning.  In the past I used to spend a whole day setting fuel up on m3.8 and me7.5.   Now I can setup a base line fuel map with any size injector setup within 2hours and have fuel trims -/+3%

Boost control is much faster and safe using steady state dyno testing to gain duty cycle for static boost at a given rpm, then set the PIDs to speed up spooling and induce a little over boost.

I can start from scratch on a hybrid / big turbo setup and within 4 hours have a perfect fuel, load and boost setup.   In the past I could have spend 10-12 hours just to get to this stage of tune, but I am anal and like the boost control to be perfect from just ecu control.

Nick

Snow Trooper

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2012, 12:13:26 PM »

How did you buy it and then learn?  I have always been met with resistance with any of their products because supposedly I am not a tuner in their eyes...

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
nokiafix

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2012, 12:46:55 PM »

Brought from EVC, and self taught. Its plug and play.  Only thing to do is back up EEprom or use a spare immo off PCB.

Search youtube for some videos.
Snow Trooper

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2012, 02:16:19 PM »

I am saying they won't sell it to me, I have tried.  I do not understand their business model.

How much did you pay?

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
RaraK

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2012, 06:04:03 PM »

Hi all,
there are some things to consider if we compare ETK7.1 with OLS300.
The ETK is made for the OEM to make their calibrations. Therefore additional code is inside the hex file. INCA does not work with the series production hex files. To be able to measure all (!!!) values inside the Software, so all output values of the maps or all calculations, additional trigger signals are required. E.G. For this reason the amount of code (not talking about the maps and applicable values) is higher in these hex files compared to the ones on the production ECU.

In addition to this, also special hardware is required. Besides the ETK itself, also a communication box is required. There are different hardware interfaces existing. The old one is the so called MAC(2). This box was used with a Damos (file format before A2L) and hex file. By the way at that time also VS100 was the application SW instead of INCA.
Later with INCA also different hardware came out (all products from ETAS). The most popular one was the ES690 (later 590). So if the system is compared with an OLS 300, then this is no fair comparison.

The ETAS tool chain is much more than an application tool. In addition to the application you also have a measuring tool, which allows you to measure and analyse all values.
The problem of all this is: it's quite good, but it's extrem expensive.  Sad And I do not know if it's possible to buy these tools on the free market.

Yes equipment here so people can see what it actually is!

k0mpresd

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2012, 06:30:14 PM »

dang, that is an f'ing sweet set up.
wonder what the tricore ones look like? that would be awesome to have one of those.  Shocked
nokiafix

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2012, 01:14:09 AM »

I have had a play with the tricore INCA setup on development 3.0D Jag and Envoke.  Awsome bit of kit.
passuff

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2012, 11:46:31 AM »

dang, that is an f'ing sweet set up.
wonder what the tricore ones look like? that would be awesome to have one of those.  Shocked

There are several versions of ETK available. Just have alook here: http://www.etas.com/en/products/etks3.php

gregsback

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2012, 01:44:35 PM »

@K0mpresd:
what is this tricore type used for? I mean which ECU type is this?
k0mpresd

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2012, 01:54:46 PM »

edc/med17.
krazydbiker

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2012, 06:38:33 AM »

wow pretty interested by this post, i had emailed moates in the past about the roadrunner which they claimed should work, pretty excited to hear about your progress prj, please do post back how far you get, i may give it a shot, always wanted to cut down on flash time
prj

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2012, 07:53:55 AM »

wow pretty interested by this post, i had emailed moates in the past about the roadrunner which they claimed should work, pretty excited to hear about your progress prj, please do post back how far you get, i may give it a shot, always wanted to cut down on flash time

What do you mean by how far I get?
It's working fine with ECU coded as a test unit.

Log your car properly.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: