Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: Golf 1.8T AUM  (Read 33094 times)
Manford

« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2018, 07:25:53 AM »

Ive gone back to my overboost issue....

I dropped some of the figure in KFLDIMX by 5 and it made no deifference, I dropped them by antoher 5 and my overboost dropped significantly, I dropped the figures a little more and its not brought the requested and actual any closer.

I have now added LDIMXA 0-4 to my logs, my latest tweak reduced Irange 2 but not Irange4.....

Am I missing something? Or what do I need to check?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2018, 12:04:59 PM »

log I-max

looks like it is still too high between 2500 and 2750

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Manford

« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2018, 03:12:34 PM »

log I-max

looks like it is still too high between 2500 and 2750

Reduce KFLDIMX more between those ranges, do I need to do it at all pressures or just the higher end 800-1000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2018, 03:37:23 PM »

You tell me. What is that axis?

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Manford

« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2018, 02:21:15 PM »

Pressure, in mbar.

My log states baro pressure pretty much sits at 1000m bar, so I would only need to adjust the top column?

I know Irange 1-5 are all related to the the PID, but does each one relate to a certain relationship/factor? Range 4&5 are almost totally straight, but I assume they should be at 0?

Does my current AFR look ok or would you adjust if further?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2018, 10:02:02 PM »

Pressure, in mbar.

My log states baro pressure pretty much sits at 1000m bar, so I would only need to adjust the top column?

No, it is not baro pressure. What does the wiki say the axis for IMX is?

I know Irange 1-5 are all related to the the PID, but does each one relate to a certain relationship/factor? Range 4&5 are almost totally straight, but I assume they should be at 0?

What irange are you talking about? STLDIA?

Does my current AFR look ok or would you adjust if further?

It is probably fine for your boost levels. What made you choose that value?

ECUx Plot

Manford

« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2018, 03:43:08 AM »

x axis is a relative requested pressure

1100 hpa just shy of 16 psi, which is higher than i'm requesting so I don't need to change my axis scaling either.

Yes logging ldimxa_0-4 to give me the STLDIA 1 - 4 info.

My afr at the top end was dropping to nearer 11 than 11.8 so I made some tweaks and brought it back up, it needs to drop to 11.8 @ peak boost so around 3k? where as mine doesn't drop until 4250. I brought my initial down from 14.75 to 13. Info seems a little contradictory on AFR, some say it should ramp down, some 11.8 across the board?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2018, 08:31:20 PM »

Yes logging ldimxa_0-4 to give me the STLDIA 1 - 4 info.

STLDIA is really not tuned that way. It simply marks out rpm regions that are likely to need different imx adaptations.

My afr at the top end was dropping to nearer 11 than 11.8 so I made some tweaks and brought it back up, it needs to drop to 11.8 @ peak boost so around 3k? where as mine doesn't drop until 4250. I brought my initial down from 14.75 to 13. Info seems a little contradictory on AFR, some say it should ramp down, some 11.8 across the board?

11.8 is fine everywhere. To make any changes that make sense you'll need a dyno to test.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 11:30:47 AM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

Manford

« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2018, 04:41:12 AM »

Cool I will keep adjusting my AFR to aim for 11.8 across the board.

How do I know what relates to STLDIA 1 to make changes to improve that or 2,3,4? Or is it a case of as I keep tweaking KFLDIMX those figures will all head towards 0 and when they are all solidly at 0 I know im ok?

I keep finding I have no knock on several pulls, and then one will have -0.75 somewhere in the run, if I remove another degree of timing in those areas that will bring me more into a happy window?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2018, 11:31:49 AM »

How do I know what relates to STLDIA 1 to make changes to improve that or 2,3,4? Or is it a case of as I keep tweaking KFLDIMX those figures will all head towards 0 and when they are all solidly at 0 I know im ok?

No. that isn't at all what those are for. I tried to explain it but it doesn't look like you understand what I said :/

If everything was perfect you would not need IMX adaptation or STLDIA at all. The purpose is to supply a way to have separate trims for different operating regions, kind of like fueling has separate idle and part throttle trims.

I keep finding I have no knock on several pulls, and then one will have -0.75 somewhere in the run, if I remove another degree of timing in those areas that will bring me more into a happy window?

No, thats fine. Without a dyno, that is the only way you know you are getting all the timing your setup can tolerate.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 11:34:43 AM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

Manford

« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2018, 01:25:36 PM »

Sooooo.........My imx is currently ok and dont worry?

If the car removes 0.75 from time to time, surely I can remove more timing until it adds some and then find a happy medium?

Looking at my latest two logs can you see/recommend anything I need to be aware of or tweak further? My AFR i already plan to bring to a more level 11.8.
KasperH

« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2018, 01:50:50 PM »

If the car removes 0.75 from time to time, surely I can remove more timing until it adds some and then find a happy medium?

It can't add timing. It removes timing when it senses a knock event.
And steps it back to set value after a specified time window with no knock.

0.75 °KW knock retard is fine. What octane are you running?
Manford

« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2018, 01:54:31 PM »

It can't add timing. It removes timing when it senses a knock event.
And steps it back to set value after a specified time window with no knock.

0.75 °KW knock retard is fine. What octane are you running?

BP Ultimate 97/8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KasperH

« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2018, 02:04:18 PM »

Then you're fine.
Might even be a little headroom, and that's okay.
Manford

« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2018, 07:43:29 AM »

Cool, thanks

Anything else in the logs to look into or all look ok?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: