Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Golf R32 DSG/Manual Cluster Problem  (Read 1446 times)
polo16v190

« on: July 17, 2023, 04:49:54 AM »

Hello everyone,

I have a question, regarding Cluster Programming. My Golf R32 is originatly a DSG car. My Instrument cluster failed, and my VW dealer told me that it is impossible to order a cluster replacement, unfortunately.

After a lot of reading, I cannot find any cluster from a DSG.

My project was to find a Cluster from a manual Golf R32, and I found it.

Only problem, is the programming. My question, if you know maybe the answer, is : What must I modify in HEX Dump, to put a R32 cluster from manual Gearbox to DSG gearbox. Knowing that the part number is exactly the same, except the last letter (I am in Europe). The cluster for the manual is a VW501, and my original DSG cluster is VW503 software.

I can transfer the IMMO etc... No problem, I will manage it, but maybe, somone here (rare person) knows what to modify in the Dump to make a manual cluster into automatic cluster (DSG)?

Sorry to disturb you, but my car cannot run anymore on the roads... I had restored it for so much money Sad

John

PS: I found that, but I am not sure that it is correct for the VW501 software: http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?action=printpage;topic=14582.0
MirXas

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2023, 01:12:18 PM »

Plug it in, write immo data or make sw new and adapt in channel 50. Only thing that will not work MAY be the speedo gauge. If its the case, upload the dump here and I (we) will make it read vehicle speed from CAN. But it should work even with no eeprom changes, because these old dsg's had an analog speed output.
polo16v190

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2023, 11:10:37 PM »

Thanks for your answer.
I am really surprised that everything will juste work like that. Naturally, I am happy about it, because without that, it is just impossible to find the good cluster because thoses DSG R32 are rare.

I will make it new (reset) and give it to the garage (official VW dealer) to let them make the procedure with their official ODIS.

Thanks for the answer. In case of a problem, I will post my dump here to let you modify it Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: