Pages: [1]
Author Topic: diagnostic options audi 1.8t AEB  (Read 7366 times)
GrapeBandit

« on: June 02, 2014, 09:13:39 AM »

Whats up everyone? im new here and this is my first post. Im wondering what would be the best diagnostic tool for this car while also not breaking the bank? Vag-com, or is there anything else? if vag com, I see alot of cables on ebay for cheap, but do any of them actually work?  Im running k04 on giac file and wouldnt mind doing some tweaking to the file sometime in the near future. sorry if this has been covered.  I tried searching but this site seems to have one of the worst searching functions.  thanks in advance
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 09:44:47 AM »

Find the monoscan sticky Smiley

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
GrapeBandit

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 10:00:25 AM »

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=4420.0title=  this? what the hell am I supposed to do with that?  there's like zero info in the thread.  also, whats up with this forum? no user control panel? how am I supposed to track watched topics?
ddillenger

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 10:07:20 AM »

You can google monoscan for starters.

This forum assumes that you come into it with a very good understanding of how things work, and are fairly self sufficient.

As for tracked threads, it's not like we have 30000000 posts a day. Hit the VIEW NEW POSTS button.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
GrapeBandit

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 10:12:33 AM »

this will be my first time trying anything like this. ive used code scanners in the past, but nothing like this.  Sorry for being a newb. everyone was there once. I am mechanically inclined and can fix anything on the car from rebuilding the engine to a clutch job. I just want to expand my knowledge and take it one step further
GrapeBandit

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 08:13:57 PM »

so what cable do i need? not much info on the net about this. where can i get a clone autoenginuity cable from? VCDS might be the way to go for the diagnosing part
jogtx16v

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 01:51:51 AM »

you need cheap VAG KKL cable for monoscan.

just go on ebay and type : FT232RL VAG CABLE

This cable can also work for many other use. like the free unregistred version of 409.1 vagcom
GrapeBandit

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2014, 04:40:12 AM »

I wasnt sure if the vag cables worked. I will pick one up and I will start playing with it.  thanks
GrapeBandit

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2014, 12:55:27 PM »

Well i picked up a vag cable and am trying to use VCDS Lite but im having a problem connecting. drivers are installed, says port status is ok, but interface not found. anyone have a clue what is going on?
pic of whats going on over here
GrapeBandit

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2014, 01:34:38 PM »

NVM, it was my first time using and went to run the test part, i wasnt connected to the car
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: